British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

8 hours ago, acef said:

I pulled it last week and I’ll say it again. I really don’t rate that team. I think it’s a busted flush. Wilson Dean has some potential to really improve but otherwise I think that is bang average. Full of riders either past it, getting past it, or just your average Joe. Also seriously lacking a number 1.

I am with you Ace not convinced with this team i think it will be good at home away the jury is out.It is an ageing team BWD i like he can improve i  would of had him back at Swindon cant see this side winning a title.

Well Ace & Sid don’t rate it but they appear to be in the minority, as far as the Panthers fans are concerned they are happy and they are the ones that matter.

• Like 6

Harris and Hans will have their indifferent meetings but overall will achieve their average at least, they are both at a track that they have scored very well at in the past, Cook and Wright should increase their averages after not great seasons by their standards and they have the best reserves in the league. A lot of excitement coming to the showground as they are all racers and if this was my team I would be very happy.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well Ace & Sid don’t rate it but they appear to be in the minority, as far as the Panthers fans are concerned they are happy and they are the ones that matter.

Took the words right out of my mouth there!  Back in the Premier league, starting front zero regards a team, I think the management have done the best they possibly could. Just need a bit of good luck, more importantly no injuries.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Exactly. 

Although they are entitled to their opinions, it really doesn't matter a fig.  I haven't heard or seen a single Panthers fan making any negative comments.  Every Panthers fan I know (which admittedly is only a handful) is over the moon with this team.

• Like 4

I have to say its been a few years since I have been looking forward to watching a Panthers team take to the Showground track as much as I am this one.

Win lose or draw I think the entertainment value of this group will not be bettered anywhere

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Harris and Hans will have their indifferent meetings but overall will achieve their average at least, they are both at a track that they have scored very well at in the past, Cook and Wright should increase their averages after not great seasons by their standards and they have the best reserves in the league. A lot of excitement coming to the showground as they are all racers and if this was my team I would be very happy.

Just hope Chapman can prepare a good racers track, unlike his own one-liner. 

I have to say i am looking forward to Peterborough ride they will be exciting hopefully Cookie kicks on.Can this Dad's Army side win the league?  who knows great to have the Panthers back in the PL.

Its a cracking side for the Showground and whilst there will no doubt be a few flaky away performances (Foxhall please ;)) it will be a shock if this 7 didnt not only make the play offs but mount a serious challenge

• Like 4

14 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Unfair but one has to take into a/c that Zach has ridden in Prem for 2 seasons where Jensen has never ridden. Zach therefore has established 20 match rolling GSA av in Prem.

Jensen is perhaps an extreme example and when you look at all his results for Workington in OCT (of which quite a few) you would think you are comparing a HL in Champ compered to a reserve in what may well be Poole's Prem side. Perhaps that and Klindt pestering Ford to look closer at him is part of the reason he may well turn out for Poole. BUT then again it could go wrong. Remember Spaniak last season.

I take the point though that a young British rider learning his trade is somewhat disadvantaged by the rules.

No, Jensen isn't an extreme example; look at the paltry PL averages being given to Ben Barker and Lasse Bjerre, who must have ridden twice as many top flight matches as Wajtknecht.

Totally wrong.

What has happened to all the so called experts who predicted that Buster was going to fill up both Peterborough and Ipswich with  Poor Teams ??

Edited by John Scrutton

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Haven't seen any team (or supposed team) that comes close to Peterborough.  On paper they are head and shoulders above other teams.

That's because it's effectively built to 44.5, with the ridiculous averages being given to Barker and Bjerre!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Haven't seen any team (or supposed team) that comes close to Peterborough.  On paper they are head and shoulders above other teams.

With 1 rider still to be found I am still looking for the rider/s who can/will improve their starting average. I'm afraid i'm with acef on this. 

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Looks a lot better than Belle Vue's bunch. This team is the one to beat in my opinion. 

Gotta agree on paper Panthers and Wolves both look extremely strong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

What has happened to all the so called experts who predicted that Buster was going to fill up both Peterborough and Ipswich with  Poor Teams ??

Did they say that? There were natural concerns about how someone owning the best part of half of the league would work in practice. In Peterborough's case they have not materialised but it's not 2019 yet and a wheel hasn't been turned so don't get ahead of yourself. 

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1