British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

With fitness concerns over Bewley and Worrall, and Lydsey lack of experience  

The Panthers look a hell of a lot stronger than the Aces.... IMO of course   

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Gotta agree on paper Panthers and Wolves both look extremely strong.

Wolves? Who mentioned Wolves?  :)

• Like 1

Just now, DC2 said:

Wolves? Who mentioned Wolves?  :)

I did!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

I did!

Wolves who are they? na joking. Steve if they sign Thorssell/ Morris they look really strong JT will put at least half a point on his average.If they go a different route say Pawlicki they will still be strong i will be surprised if they get beat at home.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

With fitness concerns over Bewley and Worrall, and Lydsey lack of experience  

The Panthers look a hell of a lot stronger than the Aces.... IMO of course   

I agree about Dan's fitness, but it aint Xmas yet so just over 3 months to tapes up, plus all the help and physio he is receiving and his youth, I am concerned but not to much. Stevie has had the latter end of last season plus a full winter to train and get fitter, I can see him returning better than he was at the end of last season, as for Lydsey, he is unknown round British tracks, but I would be very surprised if he didn't take to the NSS like a fish to water. I fail to see the improvement in any P/Bora rider that we know of.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Wolves who are they? na joking. Steve if they sign Thorssell/ Morris they look really strong JT will put at least half a point on his average.If they go a different route say Pawlicki they will still be strong i will be surprised if they get beat at home.

Totally agree, if JT or PP + ANO are the final pieces of the Wolves jigsaw, then look know further for the 2019 Prem champions.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hence why I included Wolves in the quote! 

Obviously it’s all speculation and assumption that JT and Ash sign of course but on paper looking strong.

30 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Totally agree, if JT or PP + ANO are the final pieces of the Wolves jigsaw, then look know further for the 2019 Prem champions.

Certainly from the start of the season, end of season however is totally dependant on staying injury free and other teams strengthening up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

What has happened to all the so called experts who predicted that Buster was going to fill up both Peterborough and Ipswich with  Poor Teams ??

Well they might still be half right as yet :D

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I agree about Dan's fitness, but it aint Xmas yet so just over 3 months to tapes up, plus all the help and physio he is receiving and his youth, I am concerned but not to much. Stevie has had the latter end of last season plus a full winter to train and get fitter, I can see him returning better than he was at the end of last season, as for Lydsey, he is unknown round British tracks, but I would be very surprised if he didn't take to the NSS like a fish to water. I fail to see the improvement in any P/Bora rider that we know of.

I'd agree about potential to improve (  apart from Wright who could easily up his 5. average) but the heat leader trio should be a threat

Both home and away,  also in Bjerre and Barker they have possibly the strongest reserves in the league ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

2 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

What has happened to all the so called experts who predicted that Buster was going to fill up both Peterborough and Ipswich with  Poor Teams ??

Well for one Ipswich havnt announced their team as yet.

Secondly as New Owner Buster should have immediately released a proper and fully explained Press Statement to both Peterbough and Ipswich fans informing them how the two Clubs acquired would be run and by whom etc.   It’s called COMMUNICATION something which I know (and am sure as a Lynn fan you are aware to) Buster is not great at and certainly needs help and advice in this particular area.   Panthers fans are so fortunate to have GED and Lisa who the majority of the time get it spot on.    Had this happened as it should the “experts” you refer to would have more than likely be happy to sit back and wait and see what developed.   You can’t blame people for being concerned about their Club through lack of proper information from the Owner!    I, therefore, suggest you take it up with him if you are still concerned.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

That's because it's effectively built to 44.5, with the ridiculous averages being given to Barker and Bjerre!

Not ridiculous at all it's their converted averages, Peterborough being astute, your just jealous Swindon didn't sign them!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not ridiculous at all it's their converted averages, Peterborough being astute, your just jealous Swindon didn't sign them!

No. Every year I criticise any rule or anomaly that undermines the principle of “equalisation” for team-building, whichever team it favours.

While a a 1.5 conversion rate from PL to CL may be desirable to discourage doubling down by PL riders, it does not necessarily follow that it should be applied the other way. Otherwise you could end up with CL riders starting with false averages every year in the PL and being able to double up for as long as they’re picked. Exactly what the 1.5 rate was trying to prevent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No. Every year I criticise any rule or anomaly that undermines the principle of “equalisation” for team-building, whichever team it favours.

While a a 1.5 conversion rate from PL to CL may be desirable to discourage doubling down by PL riders, it does not necessarily follow that it should be applied the other way. Otherwise you could end up with CL riders starting with false averages every year in the PL and being able to double up for as long as they’re picked. Exactly what the 1.5 rate was trying to prevent.

The only way to stop riders doubling up is to stop riders doubling up. Coming up with indirect rules that you hope will stop it is never going to work in the devious, murky world of team building.

• Like 3

the one thing visitors to the showground will get in 2019 is entertainment.

a mix of gaters and racers and on a track like Peterborough i hope fans can get behind it

• Like 1