British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

45 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont see Peterborough  winning anything entertaining yes Swindon and Belle Vue are very similar in alot of ways a mixture of youth and exsperience.Between them Fricke, Worrall, Bewley, Lidsey, Musielak, Zach,Ellis, Shanes, can all improve.

I think bv are a little more balanced. Swindon have a terrific top 3 and that will be enough to keep you in most meetings but the tail is very long. The improvement you speak about is going to need to happen imo. We shall see.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Absolutely not Belle Vue look very weak.

That’s terrific. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acef said:

I think bv are a little more balanced. Swindon have a terrific top 3 and that will be enough to keep you in most meetings but the tail is very long. The improvement you speak about is going to need to happen imo. We shall see.

It’s all opinion at this stage but not all teams are in yet

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Worrall i am sure will be fine he is naturally fit, he will score well decent away.Dan will need time but he will ride through it Fricke if he is on it he can average 9 plus at home he is that good.Lidsey i have followed since his under 15/16 days he is a talent and cant wait to see him race.For me this Vue side looks exciting personally want Fricke to push on a real class act love watching him ride ADAMS (esc)!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Plenty of scope to bring in riders later then...

You only seem to build a team for the first six to eight weeks in Speedway...

Then build a team to win you the league around May/Jun...

The season starts fast to cram in as many meetings as possible before Poland and Sweden kick off..

Then we have a lull when teams go weeks without meetings allied to the week out whilst the SON takes place..

Then from late July onwards it's full steam ahead to fit all the matches in before the cut off point..

Whoever has the best team going in to August can easily be the winner...

You can finish nearer the bottom than the top points wise and yet be crowned Champs..:D

Edited by mikebv

A few Aces fans seem to be more concerned with the Panthers team than their own average line up, it's a funny old world  :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

A few Aces fans seem to be more concerned with the Panthers team than their own average line up, it's a funny old world  :D

Normal for speedway I would say Blu...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, acef said:

thats terrific. thanks for sharing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

thats terrific. thanks for sharing

Fancy yourself as a bit of a comedian then. It’s not working.

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Peterborough certainly isn’t a line up I’m concerned about. 

But I would be if I was a Peterborough fan.

3 hours ago, acef said:

Lasse has been around for a few years now, never really kicked on and has been in the shadow of his brother for a long time.

Barker is done. He’s starting at reserve for a reason and younger, hungrier, keener reserves will be beating him comfortably.

It reminds of the Rye team this one, and you said this a couple pages back, it feels like a dads army team. I agree. It’s a bit of that, a bit of some riders who are just steady Eddie, and only really BWD who has the potential to seriously improve that avaerage.

I mean don’t get me wrong, in a 7 team league it’s going to be in a play off conversation but no way on this planet is that team the strongest one announced. No bias, but BV are so much stronger.

You keep saying it Ace, you might even convince yourself at some point.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You keep saying it Ace, you might even convince yourself at some point.

I think it’s clear I’m already convinced and you’ll see when it plays out that way over the season.

All opinions at the end of the day.

12 minutes ago, acef said:

I think it’s clear I’m already convinced and you’ll see when it plays out that way over the season.

All opinions at the end of the day.

my opinion is the peterborough team is far superior to the belle vue team. You seem to be in the minority im afraid. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, therefused said:

my opinion is the peterborough team is far superior to the belle vue team. You seem to be in the minority im afraid. 

I’ll happily be amongst a minority. That’s sits  fine with me. I’ve made a solid case, and a lot like the Rye team a couple years back, many thought they’d fair well. They ended up doing nothing of note. I was right then, and I’ll be right again ;-)

Edited by acef