British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, therefused said:

my opinion is the peterborough team is far superior to the belle vue team. You seem to be in the minority im afraid. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the panthers finish 15 points or more ahead of us in the qualifiers. Maybe keep the champers on ice though, as injuries or the odd ringer thrown in could see The Aces win the cup, whilst saving a good few grand in points money over the season. 

2 hours ago, acef said:

I’ll happily be amongst a minority. That’s sits  fine with me. I’ve made a solid case, and a lot like the Rye team a couple years back, many thought they’d fair well. They ended up doing nothing of note. I was right then, and I’ll be right again ;-)

Sound's like you are one of those people who are always right. There is another name for that but I wont be abusive towards you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Sound's like you are one of those people who are always right. There is another name for that but I wont be abusive towards you.

Yes I’m usually right. In fact, I’m always right ;-)

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Oh god, the mind boggles

Indeed.

One has to be impressed with the team the Panthers have assembled.  They have 3 top experienced heat leaders,  all able to compete for that No 1 spot. Each are of proven pedigree who have experience on each of the tracks.  The remaining 4 riders will all be of similar quality, who no doubt will be swapping places within the team.    Just imagine 2 reserves of the quality Lasse Bjerre and Charles Wright . they would make a mockery of the other teams.

No,  they probably haven't got a Robert Lambert,    but they have every other base covered.    I admire people who show initiative  and activity in moving forward,    No doubt every speedway fan will wish their team was as good as this  ...

Give the management a pat on the back...      Impressive......

• Like 8

Opinion seems divided on Panthers 2019 line up ......?

99% believe its a strong looking line up , the others dont   :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

One has to be impressed with the team the Panthers have assembled.  They have 3 top experienced heat leaders,  all able to compete for that No 1 spot. Each are of proven pedigree who have experience on each of the tracks.  The remaining 4 riders will all be of similar quality, who no doubt will be swapping places within the team.    Just imagine 2 reserves of the quality Lasse Bjerre and Charles Wright . they would make a mockery of the other teams.

No,  they probably haven't got a Robert Lambert,    but they have every other base covered.    I admire people who show initiative  and activity in moving forward,    No doubt every speedway fan will wish their team was as good as this  …

Give the management a pat on the back...      Impressive......

I'd agree. Very strong. We haven't seen all the line ups yet, but they certainly look the team to beat so far. Swindon have a stronger top 3, but the Panthers are looking strong everywhere.

I wonder if Buster will give them at pad on the back :P

8 hours ago, acef said:

Peterborough certainly isn’t a line up I’m concerned about. 

But I would be if I was a Peterborough fan.

Belle Vue isn't a team i would be concerned about! 

16 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Of course it’s the right thread man! People are commenting on the proposed averages of two riders just signed by Peterborough for 2019. 

Whether you think they’re way off to question those averages or not is irrelevant, but this is definitely the right thread for them to do so. 

It depends on what you mean by "it".

I have no objection to people commenting about BB's and LB's averages, but to imply that Panthers have used the 'wrong' averages or somehow pulled a flanker, is  what's way off the mark.  And it reeked of sour grapes.  It even continued after Neil Watson had pointed out that Panthers had used the correct averages as per the BSPA rules. 

My contention is that it's not really a Panthers-specific discussion.   So I stand by what I said.  And I'd bounce your opening comment back at you; of course it's NOT the right thread, man!    

14 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Ah it's good to be back although missing Totally Honest John already but didn't manage to shake off Taps who is now in fact a step brother of sorts (Not a favourite Brother of course, Lord no, more of an illegitimate backstairs sprog)  :D

Back on topic indeed:

I'd agree with that. I just hope that the presentation and atmosphere improves because it has been pretty dire and flat for a while now. To get people in midweek at increased cost means that it has to be better. As Rathbone said: “We know it’s important that we step up in other areas too, and we want to further improve the whole race-night experience for everyone next year." - I suggest that he bends the ear of Bratley (especially) & Andersen.

Yeah, seems we get the 'same old, same old' whichever league we're in.  :rolleyes:

And to continue with the back on topic theme:  Good point/s, and I wonder if Bratters is still open to the idea of being involved.....  

This Peterborough Panthers thread has now become infested with fans of other clubs banging on and on about the merits or otherwise of BV's and Swindon's teams.  :nono:

Take it elsewhere ffs!  

7 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

It depends on what you mean by "it".

I have no objection to people commenting about BB's and LB's averages, but to imply that Panthers have used the 'wrong' averages or somehow pulled a flanker, is  what's way off the mark.  And it reeked of sour grapes.  It even continued after Neil Watson had pointed out that Panthers had used the correct averages as per the BSPA rules. 

My contention is that it's not really a Panthers-specific discussion.   So I stand by what I said.  And I'd bounce your opening comment back at you; of course it's NOT the right thread, man!    

You mean discussing the merits of the average of two riders signed up to Peterborough’s 2019 team? Of course it’s the right thread!!

Hardly going wildly off topic take a day off for Christ sake. If you want this thread to just be filled with fluffy wuffy comments from Panthers fans about how wonderful your team is then you’re being totally unrealistic. 

Every thread will now and again veer slightly off topic but discussing two Peterborough riders averages isn’t even going slightly off topic so I’ve no idea why you’re getting your panties in a twist :rolleyes:

People discussing the merits of Swindon and Belle Vue is a different matter but again this will happen on most threads now and again.

It’s Christmas, have a mince pie and a glass of Mulled cider and chill!

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Ah it's good to be back although missing Totally Honest John already but didn't manage to shake off Taps who is now in fact a step brother of sorts (Not a favourite Brother of course, Lord no, more of an illegitimate backstairs sprog)  :D

Oi careful or I will kick off! ;) :cheers:

• Haha 1