British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at this team it’s a bit Dads Army ala Rye House last year. Fine at home but maybe not away. Not sure but that perhaps goes for most teams.

Do keep up or be original:

On 12/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, acef said:

Lasse has been around for a few years now, never really kicked on and has been in the shadow of his brother for a long time.

Barker is done. He’s starting at reserve for a reason and younger, hungrier, keener reserves will be beating him comfortably.

It reminds of the Rye team this one, and you said this a couple pages back, it feels like a dads army team. I agree. It’s a bit of that, a bit of some riders who are just steady Eddie, and only really BWD who has the potential to seriously improve that avaerage.

I mean don’t get me wrong, in a 7 team league it’s going to be in a play off conversation but no way on this planet is that team the strongest one announced. No bias, but BV are so much stronger.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at this team it’s a bit Dads Army ala Rye House last year. Fine at home but maybe not away. Not sure but that perhaps goes for most teams.

Indeed. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:rofl:

There's not a "Rye House" feel about the team at all.

Rye House had Kasprzak, Harris, Nicholls, Kennett and Robson.

Peterborough has a still on it Hans and Harris, that's it. So, you see, absolutely nothing like Rye House at all.

This Peterborough team is the best in the league.

Every rider etc Harris barring injury will increase their average no problem. I'm not sure that can be said with other teams.

Saying all that, and Peterborough fans understand it, it's not how you start a season, it's all about how you finish it.

If this team stays together they're top 4 no problem, but the Peterborough Showground always produces spectacular crashes.

Also, Peterborough never finish a season with the rider's they start with, pretty much the same as every team so finishing positions can't really be judged until late July, but on paper right now, by far the best team against other teams already signed or predicted. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Peterborough has a still on it Hans and Harris, that's it. So, you see, absolutely nothing like Rye House at all.

Every rider etc Harris barring injury will increase their average no problem. I'm not sure that can be said with other teams.

Saying all that, and Peterborough fans understand it, it's not how you start a season, it's all about how you finish it.

If this team stays together they're top 4 no problem, but the Peterborough Showground always produces spectacular crashes.

Also, Peterborough never finish a season with the rider's they start with, pretty much the same as every team so finishing positions can't really be judged until late July, but on paper right now, by far the best team against other teams already signed or predicted. 

Not convinced and i believe the Peterborough reserves might be vulnerable away.I believe Wolves, Swindon, Belle Vue all have better teams we shall see.

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Spot on

I have no idea what some people are seeing when they look at this Peterborough team ?,  clearly one of the strongest teams named so far 

Cook / Andersen / Harris will be a match for anyone especially around the showground , 

"like Rye House"  , ... really ....?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hmmmm. Is that the same Rye House that was above Poole when they closed? And had they kept going with Chris Harris, where would Poole have finished in the league?  :)

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Hmmmm. Is that the same Rye House that was above Poole when they closed? And had they kept going with Chris Harris, where would Poole have finished in the league?  :)

It is irrelevant where Poole would have finished, to me this looks the team to beat all riders have plenty of experience, they all ride the showground well and I don't think any of them fear any of the away tracks either.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How on earth is this team anything like Rye House?

Harris and Hans maybe but then you have Cook , Wilson Dean, Wright and Bjerre so no comparison at all.

Rye House and the dads army were above Poole when they folded......Poole then took another ‘dad’ in Harris which helped them win the league.

Poor trolling attempt but expected 

• Like 1

It really does not matter what any other team says about the Panthers side as I have not heard a single complaint from our fans. Firstly I am a fan of speedway and whether we win the league or not does not matter but would be the icing on the cake. What I do know is that I am looking forward to being entertained with this team so bring it on.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

It really does not matter what any other team says about the Panthers side as I have not heard a single complaint from our fans. Firstly I am a fan of speedway and whether we win the league or not does not matter but would be the icing on the cake. What I do know is that I am looking forward to being entertained with this team so bring it on.

Think you are spot on and nice to see a level headed approach.

I think Panthers fans will have plenty of entertainment in 2019 and think sides will have difficulty picking up points at yours. May surprise some away and with strength throughout the side think they will be hopefully well placed to pinch points away.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My sentiments exactly it does not matter what opposing fans think , nothing is won on paper anyway, there's a few miles to cover before it is decided who the top four to go in the play offs are and fortune and misfortune will play a part for all teams along the way, but with the assembled team we have it should provide top class entertainment .

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

th?id=OIP.MoqvcWCL8VpTDf-Y4qFqaQHaIK

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Spot on

I have no idea what some people are seeing when they look at this Peterborough team ?,  clearly one of the strongest teams named so far 

Cook / Andersen / Harris will be a match for anyone especially around the showground , 

"like Rye House"  , ... really ....?

What I see is an ageing Chris Harris on a ridiculously high average. I also see a Hans Andersen who is nearing the end of his career. I see in Cook a rider that is just your average Joe, he will do what Craig does with little improvement in that average. The same with Wright. Just a run of the mill rider.

In Barker they have a rider who is also at the end of his career and is nothing like the rider he once was.

In Lasse, potential improvement. In BWD, a huge potential.

Im not saying Peterborough are a poor team, far from it, and in a 7 team league they will be in a play off conversation.

What I’m saying is that so far, imo, Wolves/Belle Vue/Swindon are all better teams with much more scope to improve.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

What I see is an ageing Chris Harris on a ridiculously high average. I also see a Hans Andersen who is nearing the end of his career. I see in Cook a rider that is just your average Joe, he will do what Craig does with little improvement in that average. The same with Wright. Just a run of the mill rider.

In Barker they have a rider who is also at the end of his career and is nothing like the rider he once was.

In Lasse, potential improvement. In BWD, a huge potential.

Im not saying Peterborough are a poor team, far from it, and in a 7 team league they will be in a play off conversation.

What I’m saying is that so far, imo, Wolves/Belle Vue/Swindon are all better teams with much more scope to improve.

Over and over and over again...we are bored now of your opinion, once said it created mild interest...now it is mind numbing in its repetition,!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sneezy said:

Over and over and over again...we are bored now of your opinion, once said it created mild interest...now it is mind numbing in its repetition,!

Not very subtle but accurate!

• Like 3