British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Any team would be more than happy if there team was the Peterborough one as it is very strong throughout & will always have 2 excellent reserves.

• Like 6

Anyone know if its true that a new owner is taking over the Panthers soon & that they are the ones who put together & financed the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Anyone know if its true that a new owner is taking over the Panthers soon & that they are the ones who put together & financed the team. 

Next years team was put together by Ged Rathbone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Premier League team building suits him much better than Championship 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Premier League team building suits him much better than Championship 

2018 team finished top of the table and maybe would have won trophies without the acute end of season injuries , but looking back previous to that , yes I would question some of the team building . Maybe it has something to do with Neil Watson coming on board as a co promoter replacing Trevor Swales as it seems to coincide with the changeover .

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

But the question was - who is paying the bills? Buster or A N Other.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Dunno. Who said that there's a takeover proposed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Dunno. Who said that there's a takeover proposed?

Theres a post on the Drop Outs thread by i think an Ipswich fan

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Theres a post on the Drop Outs thread by i think an Ipswich fan

Need a bit more than one nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more squire, post. I'd heard the same but that's as far as it goes during the silly season.  Always thought that it would have been good for the Balfe Motorsport Team to have an ownership dabble in the world of shark infested custard. It'd be good publicity in theory!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Need a bit more than one nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more squire, post. I'd heard the same but that's as far as it goes during the silly season.  Always thought that it would have been good for the Balfe Motorsport Team to have an ownership dabble in the world of shark infested custard. It'd be good publicity in theory!

Indeed - this winter there has been more rumours than a Fleetwood Mac album but very few facts to pin your hat on!

Some are more believable than others though ;)

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But the question was - who is paying the bills? Buster or A N Other.....

I would like to know as well. If it's Buster I hope he's got something good lined up for Lynn :blink: 

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed - this winter there has been more rumours than a Fleetwood Mac album but very few facts to pin your hat on!

Some are more believable than others though ;)

Thats why i asked if anyone had heard anything as most rumours about any team never seems to be started by one of there own fans on here most appear just bulls**t

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed - this winter there has been more rumours than a Fleetwood Mac album

And some people just think that you throw together the rubbish that you generally post?  Don't stop going your own way with some second hand news!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1