British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

The missing info in the press release is who are the new owners, much more important than news of a released rider IMO

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If they can't afford Nicholls how will they be able to afford Harris , as Peterborough and Ipswich are both under Buster now .

Or are they?  that's the important question that requires an answer

Looking more  like Harris has been released due to the average reduction mess up,  the statement doesn't say if Ged is still involved or not more to come i fear. 

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looking more  like Harris has been released due to the average reduction mess up,  the statement doesn't say if Ged is still involved or not more to come i fear. 

I think they have been too diplomatic with the real reasons behind the statement, unforeseen circumstances is not just about the earnings of Chris Harris . Telling supporters the truth and the real reasons behind this is how you get supporters on side.

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well well well what a surprise.......

No surprise to me at all , shame you wont be able to afford him though .

25 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

The missing info in the press release is who are the new owners, much more important than news of a released rider IMO

States on the SGP website Keith chapman has now completed the takeover so appears new owner is buster as per initial announcements 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

States on the SGP website Keith chapman has now completed the takeover so appears new owner is buster as per initial announcements 

Fair enough , I just thought from the wording that they had been sold again.. 

Peterborough were looking like the team to beat and really sorry to read that they have released Harris.  I wonder who they will bring in to replace him that is cheaper than him on a similar average? Nicholls to Peterborough and Harris to Ipswich? Or is that two (heat leader) Brits on the sidelines when the season starts?

Edited by Steve0

Just now, Steve0 said:

Peterborough were looking like the team to beat and really sorry to read that they have released Harris.  I wonder who they will bring in to replace him that is cheaper than him? Nicholls to Peterborough and Harris to Ipswich?

Personally i'd rather have Tungate at Boro. Bomber could end up at Lynn if NKI is not doing the UK  :neutral:

What a piss take for all parties!

1. The rider - Chris was signed and probably had offers elsewhere but chose Ged and the Panthers.

2. The Club - what a shambles, a winter of positives for the first time in years now ruined. Why sign the rider?

3. The replacement - will know he’s the cheap option 

4: The replacement 2 - will know panthers are desperate and could hold the club to ransom 

Wonder how many fans who have brought season tickets will be questioning that now!

• Like 5

must be Buster throwing his weight around. Not happy that Peterborough have put such a good team together so decides Harris has to go....if buster tries to sign him for lynn I hope Harris tells him where to stick it the offer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

must be Buster throwing his weight around. Not happy that Peterborough have put such a good team together so decides Harris has to go....if buster tries to sign him for lynn I hope Harris tells him where to stick it the offer. 

That would be a stupid thing for Harris to do - given the only places left are all Buster's clubs! I'm sure he would rather be riding and earning than watching - assuming the terms are right.

• Like 1