British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't know what's behind this, be it the 2.5 % ave reduction cock up, money, or whatever, but the Panthers team looked very expensive and was completed very early. Buster saved the Prem for 2019. No other promoter was interested.... Only in their own club..It must of hindered Lynn in some way as well, not that you are bothered. Lets see what happens shall we.. The Panthers have a strong team with Tungate who I think will be signed, if not already lined up.

The press release is quite clear that the explanation is financial (whether one believes that is a matter of choice but that's the reason given), which begs the question why it's taken a month to realise. That's hardly unforeseen.

Edited by Crump99

Ged said in a radio interview before Christmas that he was given a budget to work with and buster was happy with the team being put together within that budget..

Taking aves from official green sheets for end of season....

Harris 7.78

BWD 5.27

Cook 7.73

Wright 5.14 (reduction confirmed from press release)

Andersen 7.56

Bjerre 7.08 CL ÷ 1.5 = 4.72

Barker 7.05 CL ÷ 1.5 = 4.70

Total 42.90

Btw.... Tungate is 7.61

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

4 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The press release is quite clear that the explanation is financial (whether one believes that is a matter of choice but that's the reason given), which begs the question why it's taken a month to realise. That's hardly unforeseen.

I know that it's listed as a money matter.I don't know if it's covering up for something else. The Panthers with Harris, Cook and Hans looked expensive from the start. We don't know why it wasn't questioned before. I questioned it as soon as the team was complete.

I can't see how it will improve Lynn who already have Kasper on a 4.0 who averaged 2.55 in 18. Bomber on an inflated ave would be an own goal imho. Would it improve Ippo..Maybe would give them a fair top 3. Given Cook and Hans wages. That looks more likely.

7 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

Ged said in a radio interview before Christmas that he was given a budget to work with and buster was happy with the team being put together within that budget..

It would of been some budget for that team to be assembled.. Much more than at Lynn and Ippo.

7 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Taking aves from official green sheets for end of season....

Harris 7.78

BWD 5.27

Cook 7.73

Wright 5.14 (reduction confirmed from press release)

Andersen 7.56

Bjerre 7.08 CL ÷ 1.5 = 4.72

Barker 7.05 CL ÷ 1.5 = 4.70

Total 42.90

Btw.... Tungate is 7.61

Even taking reductions for Harris and Cook makes the total 0.02 over rounding up the conversions...

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Even taking reductions for Harris and Cook makes the total 0.02 over rounding up the conversions...

My understanding is Barker is 4.68

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surely either 4.70 or 4.58

• Like 1

With the right replacement Panthers could quite conceivably be stronger.  It still stinks how this has been done though.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Indeed - missed that one

I will kick Beerhut accordingly for supplying duff information :t:

6 hours ago, BluPanther said:

This has Chapmans hands all over it, flexing his 'muscles' now the sale is completed ...

nail on head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

IMO lies more lies and subterfuge ,lies and deceit seems to be the default position for those in charge of our sport.

Probably they will blame Brexit and Theresa May

It's not the lies it's the untold truths that are being withheld from supporters . Speedway promoters are like a cross between politicians and dodgy secondhand car dealers .

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I won’t hold my breath.  

I apologise :t:

The whole situation though is an absolute stinker. May be that now Buster is in full control Neil Watson doesn't have a job anymore? What could he add if so??

39 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I apologise :t:

The whole situation though is an absolute stinker. May be that now Buster is in full control Neil Watson doesn't have a job anymore? What could he add if so??

No doubt after this latest fiasco he would be happy to stand down , he's been used in my opinion.

• Like 2