British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Either that or Diane Abbott is doing the accounts and Stanley Unwin the PR:

"Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep complicadent fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.”

Put the words 'slag' or 'zuzel' in there and you would have had the Google translation as reported in Poland...:)

Edited by mikebv

6 hours ago, crazyb said:

It's the BSPA themselves, not just Chapman, who own Pboro and Ippo I'm sure: bought, on paper, purely to keep the league going.

Maybe that's whats behind the 'BSPA Ltd' plan mentioned at the AGM?

ie 'own' every rider..?

Then do what's needed to spread them about around the teams to try and make it competitive?

Efffectively rider control but without the name, (and stigma)..?

And all teams under one central commander controlling budgets and spending to ensure continuation of the sport?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

To Ipswich? 

It absolutely stinks if Harris ends up at either Lynn or Ipswich if he does this is the precise reason why one man shouldn’t effectively own 3 clubs in a 7 team league . If he was was to end up at either club it’s another nail in Speedway’s credibility coffin . 

• Like 5

To me it makes perfect sense.  Weddings in New Zealand don’t come cheap. ;)

• Like 1

So Buster says On the money he is getting at Boro is too expensive.

Now he has Harris by the short and curlies.  This is what is on the table for Harris, take it or leave it.  

This is Speedway nearest thing to price fixing.

Harris has a choice to make.  Take it or leave it.  His call.

Get the feeling Buster is using Harris as an example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, semion said:

Now he has Harris by the short and curlies.  This is what is on the table for Harris, take it or leave it.  

Oh Yes He Is! In the pantomime of UK speedway - which is what it has become. Buster will continue to ensure that a contract is not worth the paper it was written on. Was there one, in fact, a contract? Definitely making an example of a rider who dares to do an Oliver! Who did Harris make the deal with and was that person really in charge of Pboro? Oh No He Wasn't. Ipswich next to feel the wrath of the Main Man?

7 hours ago, Bailays Hat said:

This stinks of corruption. 

For me many of the posts reacting to this are reading far too much into it re 'corruption' and 'control'

Just because it is only announced now it doesnt mean its just blown up in the last few days

It may now look like Buster is trying to move the pieces due to Ipswich not having found a top end when infact the issue was known right from the outset and unrelated

• Like 2

2 hours ago, semion said:

Isn't this what most fans wanted,a cheaper sport?It seems that in a small way it could start with the Harris debacle but certain fans which want a cheaper sport will still have moan about it.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is just simply a move for Harris from Peterborough to Ipswich to 'even up' the teams slightly. Will be interesting to see what Harris has to say about it. However, should Peterborough sign Tungate I can't see them being much worse off with Harris on the wane, no matter what people say. 

It just shows the clear issues presenting themselves with Buster owning three clubs in the same league. Buster received praise for buying two different clubs to keep the league going and I believe that is correct. However, it's clear already it is going to make a mockery of the sport and sadly, there is only one way the sport is going in this country. The way senior figures in the sport try to suggest that is incorrect, is purely self interest.

As a supporter, issues like this really do make me consider paying money to watch this sport live in the UK. I have developed a stronger passion for the sport over the last four/five years but the issues of last season and then things like this have made me seriously consider. I do feel for Peterborough season ticket holders who which seeing Harris in the side would've clearly been a big draw to buying one. 

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For me many of the posts reacting to this are reading far too much into it re 'corruption' and 'control'

Just because it is only announced now it doesnt mean its just blown up in the last few days

It may now look like Buster is trying to move the pieces due to Ipswich not having found a top end when infact the issue was known right from the outset and unrelated

There must be a communications and diplomacy post going at the BSPA. You must be looking for working examples to copy into your CV :)

• Like 3

For all we know Ged had control of team building and Buster seemingly giving him a budget to work too.Couldn't Ged have gone over his budget and Buster then said no you have to release someone.Just looking at the other side of the coin.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

There must be a communications and diplomacy post going at the BSPA. You must be looking for working examples to copy into your CV :)

Wouldnt pay enough for me and my skills :lol:

• Like 1