British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

So let me get this right - Buster can't afford Harris at Peterborough but is now being rumoured he is off to either Lynn or Ipswich... clubs also owned and paid for by Buster? The logic in that.....

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not the lies it's the untold truths that are being withheld from supporters . Speedway promoters are like a cross between politicians and dodgy secondhand car dealers .

Its a little unfair to expect each and every decision to be explained on here

There should I agree though be more clear and consistent information centrally re the fundamentals

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So let me get this right - Buster can't afford Harris at Peterborough but is now being rumoured he is off to either Lynn or Ipswich... clubs also owned and paid for by Buster? The logic in that.....

Now it could and I emphasise the could be that Peterborough went above budget, riders were asked to take a wage reduction, they agreed except for one. That one had to go. 

He then has a choice, no team place or a team place on lesser wages.

pure speculation but it's as valid a theory as many others on this thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Lynn have their No1 tied up so your logic is sound if he goes there

Ipswich still have their premium No1 budget available.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lynn have their No1 tied up so your logic is sound if he goes there

Ipswich still have their premium No1 budget available.......

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

PROBABLY because neither KL nor Ipswich also have Andersen and Cook on their books. Have no idea of what sort of money is involved but, leaving personalities aside,  better for Peterborough to cut their cloth accordingly and run in 2020 than go bust during 2019.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

3 separate clubs 3 separate pots

Its not like the Dingles on Emmerdale where theres a pot on the mantlepiece with everyone putting tenners in and out! :)

• Like 1

If Harris decides hes not going to ride for Buster now at either of the other two teams he owns if its the case of moving him around to even things up,  then this would mean that theres now two of his teams looking for a possible number one so he could of in effect made his job twice as hard now

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If Buster has given each team a budget to work to then that's how it is,go over that then you have to make a saving somewhere.In this case it's Harris.Whether it comes from the same pot is irrelevant,many people,companies work like this.

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Harris decides hes not going to ride for Buster now at either of the other two teams he owns if its the case of moving him around to even things up,  then this would mean that theres now two of his teams looking for a possible number one so he could of in effect made his job twice as hard now

King's Lynn have their number one:t:

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wouldnt pay enough for me and my skills :lol:

I'd take up any offer to be honest because looking at your assumptions I think joining the PDC is off the menu, you'd allegedly miss the board :D

• Haha 1

As far as I am aware we haven't heard anything from Chris Harris himself, normally he is not shy in coming forward with his views and giving the circumstances he has found himself in you would think he would've taken to social media. Maybe he`s been tipped the wink that he is being picked up by either Ipswich or Kings Lynn.

Maybe they asked one of the three Peterborough heat leaders to volunteer to move. I’m sure if he had been sacked he would have made a comment. 

4 hours ago, Haza said:

It absolutely stinks if Harris ends up at either Lynn or Ipswich if he does this is the precise reason why one man shouldn’t effectively own 3 clubs in a 7 team league . If he was was to end up at either club it’s another nail in Speedway’s credibility coffin . 

It wasn't the preferred option though to own 3 clubs but it was needed to save the league. So credit for that but the situation came about under his watch, which is another issue unless you think the sport was already in self destruct when he took the big chair? The big mess created is that he has to be hands off and each club needs to be seen to be equal and make their own decisions and any differences must not have the hand of Chapman. Given that our sport would struggle to hold a drinking competition in a brewery then that's an impossible circle to square!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

3 separate clubs 3 separate pots

Its not like the Dingles on Emmerdale where theres a pot on the mantlepiece with everyone putting tenners in and out! :)

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms.