British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

I am thinking very seriously of not renewing my season ticket and I do not necessarily feel Messrs Rathbone and Watson are at fault

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms. 

But the controller of 1 of the little pots doesnt have full access to the big pot or either of the other smaller pots.....

Just now, Skidder1 said:

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

Very strange. Do not believe Harris would have taken this lying down if there was not something else behind it

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Good luck with that. As with all speedway press, concentrate on what it doesn't say. For the majority of the time the PR is accurate but when something creates a stink then there's usually a reason for that and the reality is rarely as reported.

That's just my strategy and I'm not saying that it applies here.

You have to remember what was rumoured weeks ago (rubbished by Watson). All rider's were made aware that team changes may have to be made if the club ISN'T sold. With it announced that Buster is officially the new owner then the club HASN'T been sold as such so rider's have to go, so to fit the budget Buster set from the start.

• Like 3

If thats the case Peterborough maybe losing another rider soon who might not wont to ride for Busters rates. 

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If thats the case Peterborough maybe losing another rider soon who might not wont to ride for Busters rates. 

Maybe Harris is the only rider to refuse the pay structure. He did sulk in the Speedway Star bumper edition about he'll only ride for so much or he'll quit the sport, running on about how the sport owes him a living.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

Im surprised you didnt go for the pic'n'mix analogy :P

I am surprised by the official statement from Chris Harris  not the level of anger I was expecting from him. Sort of males you wonder what he knew in advance of yesterday's announcement 

Edited by Carpman

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms. 

So it's Rider Control back again then? But just for 3 clubs of course.

And if there has been no response by Harris, then more likely he has been fixed-up with a team place elsewhere already? The stuff about financial operating model causing the change has the strong whiff of smokescreen.

Edited by Big Al
  • Like 1