British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

So it's Rider Control back again then? But just for 3 clubs of course.

And if there has been no response by Harris, then more likely he has been fixed-up with a team place elsewhere already? The stuff about financial operating model causing the change has the strong whiff of smokescreen.

I think that's exactly what it is. I would say trying to monopolise the league. Between Kings Lynn, Ipswich and Peterborough and then also the riders on Poole's books they control the vast majority of the division.

5 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

I will walk away from the sport if my club has to drop another rider. Buster owning three clubs is going to cause havoc.

This is just the start and we haven’t turned a wheel yet. 

I’m amazed some fans can’t see it but as with other warnings I just get shouted down. 

Some good news though, I’ve come into a considerable amount of money but need help sorting things out. If you guys could send me £100 each, I’ll then send you £1000. 

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

Nobody is going to own up to that and it's just a cobbled up version of how we can let them know what has happened without actually telling the truth as when they had completed the team it was all supposedly been done within budget permitted , Chapman is not going to tell the real story and Ged is not in a position to tell the real reasons behind it as his hands are now tied and he has to do as he is told. Just hope that Buster turns up if they have a meet the riders night but I doubt he will show his face when quite  a few fans might want to ask him one or two questions . Now that would be box office.

The consequences of the Chapman TRIUMVIRATE are coming home to roost

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

The consequences of the Chapman TRIUMVIRATE are coming home to roost

A second Mike Parker, I fear! 

5 hours ago, Carpman said:

I am surprised by the official statement from Chris Harris  not the level of anger I was expecting from him. Sort of males you wonder what he knew in advance of yesterday's announcement 

Spot on. I believe this move has been arranged for a while. Tungate mentioned in the Speedway Star last week that something may have come up in Britain. Everyone thought that meant Ipswich but I suspect that Harris had been told what was happening at this point and Peterborough were awaiting confirmation from Tungate that he would sign. The reaction from Harris certainly suggests that another move is arranged in my eyes.

• Like 1

As a committed member of supporters club  I need to be assured that the revenue raised  is for the benefit of Panthers and not  for the Chapman trinity as whole

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

As a committed member of supporters club  I need to be assured that the revenue raised  is for the benefit of Panthers and not  for the Chapman trinity as whole

Well you will be disappointed. 

IF, and it's a big IF, Buster is trying to bring down some pay scales across the board then surely that's a good thing for the future of the sport?

it's not a good business model to be paying out more than comes in, no matter who the rider is

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Puts a whole new slant on buying a 50 /50 raffle ticket.

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

I think that's exactly what it is. I would say trying to monopolise the league. Between Kings Lynn, Ipswich and Peterborough and then also the riders on Poole's books they control the vast majority of the division.

Maybe more like a bit of re-distribution of riders among the three teams. Iversen's decision, Tungate's destination, Ipswich struggling to put a side together......

If Chapman had not bought out the two clubs, and put them into the PL thereby keeping it in existence, would anyone else have? So I'm not too convinced it's about trying to dominate the league. Out of the 21 riders which eventually comprise the 3 teams, how many of them will actually be Chapman "assets"? Again, that's still to be known.

8 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Signing a rider +6 weeks ago, promoting a ‘marquee signing’, selling season tickets, then release the rider in order to cut costs. That’s a Pi$$ poor business model.

Well said I couldn't have put it better.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Signing a rider +6 weeks ago, promoting a ‘marquee signing’, selling season tickets, then release the rider in order to cut costs. That’s a Pi$$ poor business model.

It's dishonest & unforgivable.

• Like 2