British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

I am very disappointed by the news re Harris especially if the rumours on here are true, another example of the contempt  those in charge have for supporters. 

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Hope this isnt true as goodness knows whats next to come.

Edited by scoobydoo

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Problem is as you say you heard a rumour.Unfortunately rumours escalate on here 10 fold.Sometimes rumours are best kept a secret until the truth is known.There is always people that like to spread things about even if they know they are untrue.

• Like 3

My interest in the forthcoming season has totally gone, unlikely I will buy a season ticket and possibly will not go at all. Something strange going on over and above the serial shafting of the fans. Peterborough statement  seems strange and wonder whether it comes from usual source and Neil Watson conspicuous by his lack of contribution. Have both he and Ged been Bustered as well as the fans?

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Bit like taking a payoff from another promotion to let a rider miss meetings.....

Not really, but considering Chapman blew a gasket over that then he'll look a bit of an arse if overly involved in this cock up. I can't ever recall nobody taking responsiblity for Panthers issues but nobody cleary wants to be associated with this. We get a nameless press release and "A Panthers spokesperson said:" - I'd prefer Panthers supremo, at least that meant someone!

Edited by Crump99

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

My interest in the forthcoming season has totally gone, unlikely I will buy a season ticket and possibly will not go at all. Something strange going on over and above the serial shafting of the fans. Peterborough statement  seems strange and wonder whether it comes from usual source and Neil Watson conspicuous by his lack of contribution. Have both he and Ged been Bustered as well as the fans?

It's not that bad yet Rodders but needs sorting out with some leadership pdq before it really turns sour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

It could be just a rumour , who knows, best way to deal with this is for management to either confirm or deny it , saying nothing only fuels the fire and leads to more speculation.

16 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It could be just a rumour , who knows, best way to deal with this is for management to either confirm or deny it , saying nothing only fuels the fire and leads to more speculation.

If it's Chapman pulling the strings, you will hear absolutely nothing. Looks to me that the Boro and Harris statements were both penned by the same person, whoever that may be...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Ged has sold out and his sidekick Neil has also been silenced otherwise they may have made it known and the supporters have been sold out by this total farce , which I find dishonest and corrupt and I understand how you are feeling as well as most other Panthers fans will also.  Promoters all over the country are wondering why supporters are dwindling away, well this is a perfect example why,  but they will carry on just the same, expect you to turn up and pay your entrance fee as if nothing is wrong, then when they count the gate receipts, they will be pleading for fans to come and support as they are losing money .Laying everything at the door of the fans and not a thought about previous actions they have made having anything to do with this.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Ged has sold out and his sidekick Neil has also been silenced otherwise they may have made it known and the supporters have been sold out by this total farce , which I find dishonest and corrupt and I understand how you are feeling as well as most other Panthers fans will.

What a mess this is turning out to be.

You have the Official Peterborough Speedway website advertising 2019 Season Tickets with it's full team of 7 riders advertised. Anyone buying these can do so by BACS to a Lloyds bank account or by cheque, to a Middlesborough address for the Peterborough Speedway Office, payable to Peterborough Panthers Speedway.

You have a newly incorporated company, on the 16th November 2018, called Peterborough Speedway Limited with Keith & Cheryl Chapman as the only Directors, with a Downham Market, Norfolk address.

Finally you have a changed team line up from that advertised to tempt you to buy a season ticket. I find that no better than internet scams where the advertised products don't turn into reality. Somewhere along the line someone must be the guilty party in this. So for those wanting to cancel their season ticket for a refund, which company refunds the money? Is it Peterborough Panthers Speedway or Peterborough Speedway Limited?

I know that I wouldn't buy a season ticket from most of the promotions that are now running speedway

• Like 7

Things are better sorted now than going bust during the season? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Things are better sorted now than going bust during the season? 

True if sorted out, but the Buster model seems to be like it or lump it. Time for Ged and Neil to give us some guidance as to what the hell is going on

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

True if sorted out, but the Buster model seems to be like it or lump it. Time for Ged and Neil to give us some guidance as to what the hell is going on

Is Neil still now involved? He’s normally very active on here but since the takeover was “completed” he’s been conspicuous by his absence. Coincidence?

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Problem is as you say you heard a rumour.Unfortunately rumours escalate on here 10 fold.Sometimes rumours are best kept a secret until the truth is known.There is always people that like to spread things about even if they know they are untrue.

This forum, especially during the winter, is fuelled by rumour and speculation.

Both are fair game and indeed often provide an important opening for interesting debate

However I agree some topics are best kept private

I was aware of isues with the Panthers heat leader deals being signed off in mid December but felt it was too sensitive an issue to raise on here at that time from just hearsay. I actually thought it most likely it would all blow over and come to nothing

I dont think there are many on here that spread deliberate untruths. Usually there is some base substance even to the strangest rumour but situations are complex and develop and the final details presented publically will be 'the party line' regardless of what actually went on.That in itself is not wrong as rightly some things are private

Before the rise of social media of course it would only be this final version that 99% got to see

• Like 1