British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Things are better sorted now than going bust during the season? 

Better sorted before you put out a press release with your team for the coming season I think. Cowboy operations and communications will fail irrespective of the timing. We've had plenty of experience of that.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Crump99 said:

Better sorted before you put out a press release with your team for the coming season I think. Cowboy operations and communications will fail irrespective of the timing. We've had plenty of experience of that.

It may be another Workington type situation where funds were promised but then reneged upon, I don't know. Yes of course what you say is true but something has changed and best to put it right now if poss? 

26 minutes ago, Trees said:

It may be another Workington type situation where funds were promised but then reneged upon, I don't know. Yes of course what you say is true but something has changed and best to put it right now if poss? 

What has changed is that Chapman has got his grubby hands on three clubs now in a league of seven, and i want no part of it ...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It no longer feels like "our" club, just "his" , if you are inclined to go along and pay your money to him, he will take it, I love the sport but don't feel at the moment inclined to hand over my hard earnt to Mr Chapman, I will make my mind up over the coming weeks.

Edited by CoolPanther
Spelling
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Trees said:

True. The problem being of course that the situation was always going to be a dogs' dinner and nobody is surprised. As we know, there will be no transparency or effective communications around this that the paying public will believe, so rather than put it right it'll no doubt be some sort of fudge and kicking the can down the road which is very topical at the moment.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Enjoy the ride under Buster's reign, your love for the club will dwindle under his ownership I have no doubt.

Supporters are not in his thoughts as a business, you will just be a mugged off customer.

• Like 1

The problem is that you need to use it or run the risk of losing it - that's the standard line.  It is actions like this that drive more fans away from a sport that is "dying on its @rse".  So rather than encourage new fans they p!ss off existing fans - not a great business model :rolleyes:

• Like 9

In Peterboroughs case anyone running it has to use it, as stop and it gone for good but sticking two fingers up to the ones who are required to keep the use going is sheer madness especially after investing money in it,

Up until a few days ago many were looking forward to or thinking of returning to attending meetings now it looks like its another nail is being hammered in.

• Like 1

As a witches supporter, I'm still in shock re buster buying the club, and in view the team Peterborough announced it had signed, I felt that our problems signing and announcing our team was because obviously Peterborough's budget was greater than ours.

Now though I really feel for you all ( can't believe I'm saying that tbh:wink::lol:) having your Hope's dashed after the feel good factor of you "knowing" your team.

You have to wonder if our problem's signing and announcing our last 2 riders is similar.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

The problem is that you need to use it or run the risk of losing it - that's the standard line.  It is actions like this that drive more fans away from a sport that is "dying on its @rse".  So rather than encourage new fans they p!ss off existing fans - not a great business model :rolleyes:

But to be fair they have had lots of experience of using this business model over the years...

It must be 'very successful' to keep using it all the time mustn't it?..:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

sad state of affairs  sport on its knees is harris that greedy ? why didn"t buster but in when harris signing was  made public  is lambert on the same money as harris ? is there a set pay rate for peterboro ipswich king"s lynn  do other teams pay more ? i hope speedway can turn the corner but this was one big kick in the teeth for the sport can you think  man utd have signed messi  but a couple of weeks before  saying no he costs to much 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It certainly must be Mike, just look how it has flourished since the begining of the 2000's:rolleyes: Certainly feels like 2019 has started off worse than last year. With Chapman now having 3 clubs he can p!$s off at least 42% of the leagues supporters, maybe ' you reap what you sow ' will be coming home to roost, sooner than later, with his people skills!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odsal said:

sad state of affairs  sport on its knees is harris that greedy ? why didn"t buster but in when harris signing was  made public  is lambert on the same money as harris ? is there a set pay rate for peterboro ipswich king"s lynn  do other teams pay more ? i hope speedway can turn the corner but this was one big kick in the teeth for the sport can you think  man utd have signed messi  but a couple of weeks before  saying no he costs to much 

The fact that it wasn't addressed straight away would suggest that money is a red herring unless rumours of other similar issues come true.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Enjoy the ride under Buster's reign, your love for the club will dwindle under his ownership I have no doubt.

Supporters are not in his thoughts as a business, you will just be a mugged off customer.

We've been through David Hawkins, Colin Horton, Mick Horton twice and the Frost shenanigans so we're pretty resilient. Bloody need to be this time I think!

• Like 1

In the absence of any comment from management at a time crying out for clarification I am beginning to fear Ged and Neil have been Bustered  and walked or    have been   pushed.

• Like 1