British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 hours ago, odsal said:

sad state of affairs  sport on its knees is harris that greedy ? why didn"t buster but in when harris signing was  made public  is lambert on the same money as harris ? is there a set pay rate for peterboro ipswich king"s lynn  do other teams pay more ? i hope speedway can turn the corner but this was one big kick in the teeth for the sport can you think  man utd have signed messi  but a couple of weeks before  saying no he costs to much 

Kenneth Bjerre was not prepared to sign for Peterborough for the money offered but signed for Belle Vue, which seems to indicate that the Aces offered more. Chapman apparently toldhim he was no longer a heat leader in the UK.

I do not believe the situation was brought about by Harris.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

In the absence of any comment from management at a time crying out for clarification I am beginning to fear Ged and Neil have been Bustered  and walked or    have been   pushed.

More likely embargoed from comment I would think

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Kenneth Bjerre was not prepared to sign for Peterborough for the money offered but signed for Belle Vue, which seems to indicate that the Aces offered more. Chapman apparently toldhim he was no longer a heat leader in the UK.

If this is true it means Chapman was involved in Panthers team building from the start - therefore would have been involved in (or at least had knowledge of) the deal offered to Harris.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Noodles said:

If this is true it means Chapman was involved in Panthers team building from the start - therefore would have been involved in (or at least had knowledge of) the deal offered to Harris.

Probably more to do with the fact Bjerre wasn't willing to risk the wage drop if Buster ran the club with Belle Vue offering a guaranteed income. 

37 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

More likely embargoed from comment I would think

I think CL likewise bruv. I’ve found CL very approachable on social media, and I can honestly say he’s replied to my questions on each and every occasion I’ve asked one on Twitter in the past. 

This winter though, despite my efforts, he hasn’t replied to a single one. This is despite him still active on there on other matters..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

In the absence of any comment from management at a time crying out for clarification I am beginning to fear Ged and Neil have been Bustered  and walked or    have been   pushed.

The last line of the club website says they will make no further comment at this stage which means Ged has been silenced by the Fuhrer, and when he says 5hit Ged can jump on the shovel.

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The last line of the club website says they will make no further comment at this stage which means Ged has been silenced by the Fuhrer, and when he says 5hit Ged can jump on the shovel.

Harris said on his Fakebook 'I will not be making any further comments at this time..'

This whole saga looks like it's been organised and scripted by one person ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Harris said on his Fakebook 'I will not be making any further comments at this time..'

This whole saga looks like it's been organised and scripted by one person ...

Just like the press releases from both Ipswich and Peterborough when he’d taken over both clubs. 

Think we know the game now. It’s sh!t, but we know the game. Going to be very interesting to see what the crowd levels are at the start, and throughout next season at both clubs  

Has all the makings of being disastrous this. 

• Like 7

Tungate to Panthers, Harris to Ipswich on Chapman's orders is the rumour that appears to be the loudest. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Hope this isnt true as goodness knows whats next to come.

I hope it's not true as well. When the Panthers team was put together, I thought it was very strong, still do, but also looked very expensive. I couldn't see anyone paying out that sort of money on a team coming up, with speedway they way it is at the moment in the UK. I don't know whats going on, but I does look very unprofessional :(

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

We've been through David Hawkins, Colin Horton, Mick Horton twice and the Frost shenanigans so we're pretty resilient. Bloody need to be this time I think!

Oh Yes You Do! And even more than you would like to believe you do need to be. Just imagine if Buster won the Big Euromillions lottery and bought the blooming lot ( well the PL anyway ) he could pee off 97 1/2 % of the fans in that league. There are some at King's Lynn who do swear by ( not swear at ) the man and his methods.  

I remember visiting Lynn when buster was celebrating some sort of anniversary, he went round on a tractor or similar, to rapturous applause and flag waving from the crowd. Have things changed or is he still received like that?

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Oh Yes You Do! And even more than you would like to believe you do need to be. Just imagine if Buster won the Big Euromillions lottery and bought the blooming lot ( well the PL anyway ) he could pee off 97 1/2 % of the fans in that league. There are some at King's Lynn who do swear by ( not swear at ) the man and his methods.  

6 hours ago, Badge said:

As a witches supporter, I'm still in shock re buster buying the club, and in view the team Peterborough announced it had signed, I felt that our problems signing and announcing our team was because obviously Peterborough's budget was greater than ours.

Now though I really feel for you all ( can't believe I'm saying that tbh:wink::lol:) having your Hope's dashed after the feel good factor of you "knowing" your team.

You have to wonder if our problem's signing and announcing our last 2 riders is similar.

Change the last word of your last sentence in the post from similar to connected and you have your answer - don’t believe for one minute it’s finance related or Chris Harris is to blame! 

• Like 1