British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

8 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Tungate is probably willing to ride for peanuts, he would do anything to stay away from Foxhole.

The Panthers with Tungate are still a very strong team. Averages don't lie.

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The team looked way to expensive from the start. And signed up fast. I don't know what was agreed, but theres no way imho Buster would of agreed to  a wage bill like that. I don't know what went on, but if, and it's a very big if Buster had agreed terms with all the riders, then it's a sham.But I can't see him giving the Panthers a much bigger budget than his King's Lynn or Ippo. This must of been thrashed out between Buster, Ippo and Boro before a rider was signed, surely?

Like what ? You have some figures for us ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Like what ? You have some figures for us ? 

No. But just think for a minute....Buster has Lynn for 25+ years. He buys Ippo and Boro to keep the Prem going(big money risk). They didn't have to sell to him. It's cost him £££. Cookie is not cheap. Harris is not cheap. Hans can't be cheap.. I don't know what went on, but I find it hard to believe Buster agreed to pay big wages at Boro and less at his  beloved Lynn and lesser to Ippo.

I may be wrong..Are you right?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Panthers with Tungate are still a very strong team. Averages don't lie.

Probably stronger as there's no way in a million years Harris keeps that average up.  

The way all this has been handled is wrong but we may very well come out of it stronger on the track anyway. 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Probably stronger as there's no way in a million years Harris keeps that average up.  

The way all this has been handled is wrong but we may very well come out of it stronger on the track anyway. 

It is wrong and we don't know who is to blame, but yes the Panthers will be my fav's with Wolves to lift the title.

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No. But just think for a minute....Buster has Lynn for 25+ years. He buys Ippo and Boro to keep the Prem going(big money risk). They didn't have to sell to him. It's cost him £££. Cookie is not cheap. Harris is not cheap. Hans can't be cheap.. I don't know what went on, but I find it hard to believe Buster agreed to pay big wages at Boro and less at his  beloved Lynn and lesser to Ippo.

It will be interesting to see where Bomber ends up, that might tell us something... 

2 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

It will be interesting to see where Bomber ends up, that might tell us something... 

It might be Ippo. It's not the riders cost, it's the cost of the team. Hans, Cook, Harris...In one team ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Nobody knows who the replacement rider is yet maybe have to take on another European import with very little or no experience of British tracks but who will ride for the money on offer , ive just got a feeling it will not be Tungate  to be honest I might be wrong but that's how I feel, maybe Tungate will think what is on offer is an insult and turn it down.

Well, the way that the Buster Chapman empire has treated Chris Harris, I will never go to Peterborough Speedway again. The way they also treated Chris  Holder, there should be some serious questions asked about the way they do their business. So now King’s Lynn and Peterborough off my list of tracks to visit .

gutted for Chris Harris!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maneacat said:

Buster’s reign will be short lived - his ownership method may work in Kings Lynn (possibly Ipswich) but is not Peterborough Panthers Fans  style.   When the end comes and the Club closes for the final time the pain of losing it will be eased by the knowledge that it’s Buster losing money and not Ged. .  

He could have asked Mick Bratley (who's on the scene now with HA around, for the moment anyway :o ) what to do and not to do at Peterborough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firstbend said:

Well, the way that the Buster Chapman empire has treated Chris Harris, I will never go to Peterborough Speedway again. The way they also treated Chris  Holder, there should be some serious questions asked about the way they do their business. So now King’s Lynn and Peterborough off my list of tracks to visit .

gutted for Chris Harris!

Apart from Buster himself, who are the empire you refer to ???

If you include Ged in that, I don't think he had a lot to do with Chris Holder !! 

12 hours ago, firstbend said:

gutted for Chris Harris!

You do know that Ipswich is also part of Buster’s so called EMPIRE I assume - better knock them on the head as well!    

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Out of interest, does anyone know what Chapman has paid to buy Ipswich and Peterborough? The actual assets belonging to a speedway club can't be a great deal if they don't own the stadium they race at and other things like food stalls etc.

Around 199 guineas for Peterborough and a little more for Ipswich ( perhaps 250 ). No-one would buy a speedway club as an investment I feel sure. Buster's "empire" is all part of an Emperor's New Clothes fantasy game. Called the Three Out of Seven Blazers?