British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Just now, waytogo28 said:

Around 199 guineas for Peterborough and a little more for Ipswich ( perhaps 250 ). No-one would buy a speedway club as an investment I feel sure. Buster's "empire" is all part of an Emperor's New Clothes fantasy game. Called the Three Out of Seven Blazers?

That's why I'm intrigued, whether the previous Ipswich and Peterborough bosses thought they would cut their losses and bomb out for pennys or whether they actually had a decent offer on the table. All abit of a mystery.

18 hours ago, firstbend said:

Well, the way that the Buster Chapman empire has treated Chris Harris, I will never go to Peterborough Speedway again. The way they also treated Chris  Holder, there should be some serious questions asked about the way they do their business. So now King’s Lynn and Peterborough off my list of tracks to visit .

gutted for Chris Harris!

According to the Peterborough Evening Telegraph Chris Harris is gutted to be left out of Panthers team and could anyone blame him, Ged Rathbone has said he cannot comment on this and Carl Johnson said he been instructed not to comment about it .  Did Ged go over the allowed budget or is this Chapman flexing his muscles to get equality amongst his 3. clubs. Supporters club committee have held a behind closed doors meeting with representatives of Chapman at the weekend to let them know what is expected from them for 2019. So Chapman being club owner has silenced those promoting the team which effect means they have been gagged.    All this just to keep the premier league functioning. I am beginning to wish we had stayed in the championship and not sold out to the dictator.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

According to the Peterborough Evening Telegraph Chris Harris is gutted to be left out of Panthers team and could anyone blame him, Ged Rathbone has said he cannot comment on this and Carl Johnson said he been instructed not to comment about it .  Did Ged go over the allowed budget or is this Chapman flexing his muscles to get equality amongst his 3. clubs. Supporters club committee have held a behind closed doors meeting with representatives of Chapman at the weekend to let them know what is expected from them for 2019. So Chapman being club owner has silenced those promoting the team which effect means they have been gagged.    All this just to keep the premier league functioning. I am beginning to wish we had stayed in the championship and not sold out to the dictator.

As I've said many times, Buster will gag all and sundry as supporters don't matter. You are simply just a customer and irrelevant to him.

I fully believe, all the money funding Speedway is from sponsorship, turnstile income is extra pocket money so their happiness over the quality of the product isn't at all important.

What's important to him is that his sponsors are happy.

I would say that the supporters club own panthers  considering the work they have done the money raised  and the equipment they have bought. I always wanted a return to proper Speedway but we have been well and truly Bustered.  I fear for the future and foresee the end of Peterborough.  It would not be entirely surprising if we did not start the season.  At the moment season likely to start without me. 

• Sad 1

All this Buster knocking could have been avoided if any of the Panthers fans had of put there money where their mouth is , and bought Peterborough Speedway themselves . It was for sale long enough.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrss said:

All this Buster knocking could have been avoided if any of the Panthers fans had of put there money where their mouth is , and bought Peterborough Speedway themselves . It was for sale long enough.

What a stupid post

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

What a stupid post

That's what I call a very polite answer,  MRSS is either a troll or is braindead or perhaps both.

• Like 2

I didn't mean to offend anyone. What I meant was surely there must be a company owner who is a Panthers fan who could have invested in the speedway. 

Got to ask why it was Harris who was released from his contract was he the most expensive rider of the three, was he the one who said he would go, was he just told your the one to go end of discussion 

19 minutes ago, mrss said:

I didn't mean to offend anyone. What I meant was surely there must be a company owner who is a Panthers fan who could have invested in the speedway. 

Well I think it's pretty obvious there isn't as i'm sure if it had been mentioned who was about to buy it they would have stepped in and said he's not buying my club and now with Chapman in control I wouldn't be surprised to see some sponsors pull out  and maybe that is the reason we cannot afford Chris Harris. Would also like to add my apology for the way I responded to you're previous post .

10 minutes ago, mrss said:

Problem is, most sensible business owners that are Speedway fans know to stay away from running clubs if they wish to hold onto their riches.

Peterborough and Ipswich didn't need a buyer anyway as their existing owners were willing to remain in the Championship.

Buster didn't want one big league so desperately bought these 2 clubs to maintain Premiership status. In doing so is already upsetting their fans through lack of information to which they're not used too under previous owners.

All the negativity has been created by one man who's desperation to save the league is turning his "customers" off.

These supporters are now seeing what I've seen happening at King's Lynn.

Keith Chapman in a decade has gone from a potential saviour of the sport to a virus that's spreading and needs stopping.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

What is his obsession with keeping the PL going is he that desperate to say hes won it 

I think he may be a bit rusty  on trophy success speeches, may need some rehearsals.

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Peterborough fans put there hard earned money into the club a few years ago and to be honest they should demand it back now after the Holdergate episode and the sale of the club now but most did it for the love of the club to keep it going. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Got to ask why it was Harris who was released from his contract was he the most expensive rider of the three, was he the one who said he would go, was he just told your the one to go end of discussion 

Well with Chapman in New Zealand and with Ged and Carl zipped up , I can't see an answer to you're questions anytime soon