British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

9 minutes ago, maneacat said:

You need to wake up and smell the coffee - if you believe the Fairy story we have all been fed so far!    Transparency and honesty is the first things we need from a new owner especially as he is the Chairman  of the BSPA but so far it appears sadly lacking.  

Given up hoping and dreaming of such things in UK speedway - honesty and transparency. Long ago vanished ( if it ever existed ). IF Buster really wants that - which he hammered on about before becoming Chairman and with his disastrous foray into a LIVE online "performance" it has been downhill all the way since he took over. Now he wants "the Jewson lot" it seems.

• Like 2

If ever the pre season shenagins have told any fan anything its that one large league is required to attempt to haul the sport out of the mire, .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

So I ask again, what do you see them progressing to?

Buster owning 3 clubs is far from ideal but it does give a higher level of the sport a chance. Ippo and Boro staying in the Championship would almost certainly have meant no higher level so nowhere for the youngsters to progess as I can't see Poland/Sweden etc becoming a training ground for young Brits. I do not know the solution to speedways ills,  I doubt there is one single one but it seems to me that to continue the existence of a higher league is preferable to seeing it fold. 

Probably the best we can hope for is some speedway fanatic to win Euromillions and buy the whole lot out lock stock and barrel:P

Actually, things are slowly changing in terms of training grounds for young Brits in Poland.

In terms of opportunity and progression, the Premiership isn't no longer important. 

In 2018 Poland had these Brits:-

Richard Lawson, Richie Worrall, Adam Ellis, Charles Wright, Lewis Kerr, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley, Craig Cook.

3 rider's had their progression cut short through injury but the rider's above all competed in the Championship Speedway 2018 season.

1 big league clearly wouldn't hinder the opportunity for our rider's to make a name for themselves. Poland are very open to giving Brits a chance, it's all about our guys being strong enough to make that chance count.

The only thing the Premiership is hanging onto is giving rides to (and Buster's biggest asset and probably the reason for him to save the top tier) Robert Lambert. King's Lynn could be making good money in sponsorship from this kid, he's becoming something special.

Without the Premiership Buster's biggest income asset (Robert Lambert) would be lost.

For me, Robert Lambert is a huge reason for Buster to try and save the Premiership.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Jeez, if every fan was like you the league would be dead and buried by now.

It won't be long before it is and we get one league.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Jeez, if every fan was like you the league would be dead and buried by now.

I see your out and about moaning again about what other people post :nono:

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

You need to wake up and smell the coffee - if you believe the Fairy story we have all been fed so far!    Transparency and honesty is the first things we need from a new owner especially as he is the Chairman  of the BSPA but so far it appears sadly lacking.  

not a question of that,but back to my point that the mighty panthers seem to roll from one crisis to the next which is very say for a club like that,not to mention one of in not the best race tracks in the country

Maybe,just maybe Mr Chapman can deliver  to  Boro what he has delivered to Lynn,and that is a period of stability and  relative success

i didnt see many others stepping up to save the club  again.....so best foot forward and give it a bloody good go in the top flight once again

2 hours ago, montie said:

not a question of that,but back to my point that the mighty panthers seem to roll from one crisis to the next which is very say for a club like that,not to mention one of in not the best race tracks in the country

Maybe,just maybe Mr Chapman can deliver  to  Boro what he has delivered to Lynn,and that is a period of stability and  relative success

i didnt see many others stepping up to save the club  again.....so best foot forward and give it a bloody good go in the top flight once again

Possibly due to the fact that as is the norm in Speedway everything is and has to be secret.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, montie said:

Well as far as i'm aware there were 3 genuine offers on the table and obviously Chapman's must have been the best deal even though it wasn't as much as what Ged's valuation was.

Nice positive statement from the Team Manager on the Panthers website - new signing hopefully confirmed/announced by the weekend.

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

If every fan was like me Starry Speedway would still be booming. I regularly attend meetings at Boro, Ipswich and Mildenhall, and have done for many many years...

So why make a statement like you did. ? Yes we all know the state of British speedway as it is. Isn't there enough negativity on here already ??

5 hours ago, BluPanther said:

I would hardly call a shrinking league which is almost on its knees Progression. It's only a matter of time before it fails completely...

Thing is it’s never been one leagues problem. You only need to look at the ever decreasing amount of 2nd tier teams to see my point.

The problem has been the self centred nature of promoters and self interest of each league always working against each other.

Speedway is in a terribly unviable state for people to become involved in, and this mostly starts from the head table causing some of these issues.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So why make a statement like you did. ? Yes we all know the state of British speedway as it is. Isn't there enough negativity on here already ??

Just saying it as i see it matey .... Got to vent off sometimes you know  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, montie said:

He can never do that until he is able to substantially UP the average crowd. That is at the heart of speedway's problems regardless of who rides where and even who owns which club! A minimum 25% increase in new supporters is a "must" over the next two seasons. If things continue with a 10% loss each year of existing supporters, it's Game Over.

• Like 1

Shock horror Harris signs for Ipswich.  So it wasn't financial at all then.......

Tungate or NKI to Panthers then 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 3