British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

My understanding is that the reduction is for initial team building only however the PR states Tungate will start as no 1

I agree with others this is likely to make the Panthers stronger overall as Tungate is still effectively on the way up and is in good current form finishing second to Doyle in the recent Australian Championship.

2nd to doyle :rofl: FRICKE you mean !!

4 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

2nd to doyle :rofl: FRICKE you mean !!

Yes I meant Fricke 

Tungate won't create the unity in the pits that Harris would have, Poole discovered that Harris is worth far more than just the points he scores, so those who think this makes the team stronger, I wouldn't be too sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seen this a few times and it’s starting to grate to be honest. The fact is, it’s Ipswich that won’t have Tungate back, NOT that Tungate won’t ride for Ipswich. 

The rider himself has publicly said he’s asked Chris Louis and Ritchie Hawkins about a team place, and received no reply. 

He’s simply not welcome back at Ipswich. 

Good luck to him at Peterborough though. As I said earlier, makes Peterborough stronger. 

Tungate will be in the 7-8 average range, Harris will drop to 6-7. IMO. 

So hopefully this will put to bed how people think Chapman is running the show. He has purely bought the two clubs to keep the league running. He doesn't say who is riding for who or he would have made Tungate available for Ipswich surely. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So hopefully this will put to bed how people think Chapman is running the show. He has purely bought the two clubs to keep the league running. He doesn't say who is riding for who or he would have made Tungate available for Ipswich surely. 

Think you need to read the posts above. Seems like Ipswich had no desire for tungate due to some issues. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think you're forgetting that Bjerre said that it was Chapman who he was negotiating with about signing for Peterborough. You might think that on that basis he was doing or controlling all of the negotiations. 

Like others, I think Tungate makes a good Peterborough side even stronger. It's a shame we had to lose both him and Cook to get under the points limit. I hope both have good seasons, I think they will. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sully said:

Think you need to read the posts above. Seems like Ipswich had no desire for tungate due to some issues. 

The main one being that he's a miserable little git.

• Like 2

Basically......

Louis needed a number 1 on a specific average, Tungate has had issues with Ippo in the past, so wasn't an option but Harris was.

Louis speaks to Chapman and puts the case to them saying Harris fits and could Panthers go with Rohan

Chapman thinks this pleases both parties and agrees.

Anyone else see this?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Basically......

Louis needed a number 1 on a specific average, Tungate has had issues with Ippo in the past, so wasn't an option but Harris was.

Louis speaks to Chapman and puts the case to them saying Harris fits and could Panthers go with Rohan

Chapman thinks this pleases both parties and agrees.

Anyone else see this?

Didn't please Ged & Neil though did it?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, foamfence said:

The main one being that he's a miserable little git.

Not altogether uncommon amongst speedway riders

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not altogether uncommon amongst speedway riders

or fans...    ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No surprise that Tungate is announced at Peterborough, think most on here expected it.

Weakens the Panthers imho.

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I think you're forgetting that Bjerre said that it was Chapman who he was negotiating with about signing for Peterborough. You might think that on that basis he was doing or controlling all of the negotiations. 

Like others, I think Tungate makes a good Peterborough side even stronger. It's a shame we had to lose both him and Cook to get under the points limit. I hope both have good seasons, I think they will. 

Whether Tungate makes them stronger or not, he'll be bloody good value.

He's going to be missed at the NSS this season because I can't see his replacements putting in some of the amazing rides he did.

The only thing is I think he won't fancy riding at no 1 at all. He's improved for sure, but he hit the rails riding there for Somerset. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger