British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

56 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Whether Tungate makes them stronger or not, he'll be bloody good value.

He's going to be missed at the NSS this season because I can't see his replacements putting in some of the amazing rides he did.

The only thing is I think he won't fancy riding at no 1 at all. He's improved for sure, but he hit the rails riding there for Somerset. 

I agree about the entertainment.  Unfortunately, there's not many riders who could replace him and match the excitement he often created. 

I also think you have a point about starting at no. 1 although with Cook and Andersen in the team I don't think he will have the same pressure that he had at Somerset.  The fans may also have to realise that, like Harris,  he can have a slow start to the season but if he does,  give him a bit of time and he will more than repay you. 

• Like 1

Would love to know what happen between Ipswich and Tungate. 

When he signed for us Louis was singing his praises and if memory serves me right had to beat of competition to land him. Obviously at that time Ipswich and Tungate were a good match. 

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I think you're forgetting that Bjerre said that it was Chapman who he was negotiating with about signing for Peterborough. You might think that on that basis he was doing or controlling all of the negotiations. 

Bjerre must of known what Chapmans like from his Lynn days but chose to negotiate with him as it was Peterborough, must of hurt not getting his wish to return to his real home. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Bjerre must of known what Chapmans like from his Lynn days but chose to negotiate with him as it was Peterborough, must of hurt not getting his wish to return to his real home. 

He has.  :D

2 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Would love to know what happen between Ipswich and Tungate. 

When he signed for us Louis was singing his praises and if memory serves me right had to beat of competition to land him. Obviously at that time Ipswich and Tungate were a good match. 

I won`t betray a confidence but Tungate acted like a right tw&t 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I won`t betray a confidence but Tungate acted like a right tw&t 

Means little without the detail so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt tbh.

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Means little without the detail so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt tbh.

I believe my info is 100% kosher- just ask yourself why Ipswich had no interest in him riding for them again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I believe my info is 100% kosher- just ask yourself why Ipswich had no interest in him riding for them again.

That doesn't answer anything . As far as i'm aware he didn't have any problems at Belle Vue in 2018 .So whatever the problem was at Ipswich really doesn't matter now , he has a fresh start and I hope he gets his head down and makes the best of it.

8 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

That doesn't answer anything . As far as i'm aware he didn't have any problems at Belle Vue in 2018 .So whatever the problem was at Ipswich really doesn't matter now , he has a fresh start and I hope he gets his head down and makes the best of it.

I was replying to a post from Spl77 who was wondering what caused all the bad feeling between Tungate and Ipswich. He obviously has behaved himself at the other clubs he has ridden for, however i repeat at Ipswich he behaved like a right tw&t.

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

He has.  :D

He left Belle Vue under a cloud to sign for Peterborough spent many years at the showground even rode for them to help Rathbone out due to injuries in the lower division and as its been said was negotiating to return to Peterborough it was only Buster Chapman that stopped him returning to the Panthers again this season so you have him to thank for that.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

or fans...    ;)

Absolutely. Promoters have to be so careful they get the right blend of fans allowed to attend matches. An individual interview should be conducted before access to the stadium is allowed, they can't risk the happy clappers being put off from coming back because of too many miserable sods having been let in.

PS. RIP Jeremy Hardy

Edited by Hamish McRaker
addition
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Tungate looks a steal,,, and will no doubt show his warm side to the panthers faithful

Whatever happened at Ipswich. Tungate needs to show "his warm side" in future or any chance of further seasons in the UK may be very restricted. Never bite the hands that feed you seems appropriate.

• Like 1

I'm not aware of any problems at Belle Vue. In fact Rohan was very popular with the fans for his performances at the NSS. Maybe less so for his away form but that wasn't as bad as many suggest, he averaged about 6.5.