British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just a hunch  - may be right may be wrong

I can’t see why the press releases would say chapman has bought the club if in fact it’s aomeone else?

3 minutes ago, Sully said:

I can’t see why the press releases would say chapman has bought the club if in fact it’s aomeone else?

Yes because speedway press releases are a known paragon of truth and virtue :P

Lets see how it pans out :cheers:

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

He did want Redcar originally back in 2014 i think it was.Does he want to get involved up there?I take it his business is still there.

The main owners of the SPMP are two brothers, the Gladder brother,s along with CVS, and the brothers and Havvy would not allow Ged into the club on his conditions. It he was going to get into their promotion, surely the ideal time would have been to join them after Kevin Keay had left at the end of last season.

scoobydoo

It can't be assumed that Colin has put money into Peterborough as it is not a requirement to get a promoters licence.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

You clearly think Buster isn’t the owner for some reason?

He's had bells ringing in his ears for years and that's bound to have an effect.

• Haha 1

Colin Pratt is a widely respected and very experienced organiser within speedway but not someone who is bringing the younger dynamism with marketing knowledge that is likely to bring in a new generation of fans. In fact, he has been at the core of speedway administrators who have allowed UK speedway to dimish and dwindle over the last twenty-five years.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes because speedway press releases are a known paragon of truth and virtue :P

Lets see how it pans out :cheers:

We were told Bomber would be in the team - he isn't

We were told Ged & Neil are staying - they aren't

We were told Buster is the owner.... Let's see

• Like 1

Pratt's interview in the SS this week confirms that Buster has bought the club but that he will have nothing to do with the day-to-day running of it other than the initial team-building budget.

In fact Pratt states that despite his long time friendship with Chapman, nothing will give him greater pleasure than coming out on top of Buster's 2 other teams!!

Edited by Skidder1

14 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just a hunch  - may be right may be wrong

Ermm. I wonder what the deal is.You have got me thinking now..Probably to much:).. If you think about it Louis has a buy back clause, their team isn't a patch on the Panthers, and I don't think Lynn's will be either.

I can't work out how Buster would give Peterborough  a great team, that don't look cheap and leave his so called beloved Lynn with a predicted team that looks far weaker.. Probably just me over thinking:unsure: 

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Ermm. I wonder what the deal is.You have got me thinking now..Probably to much:).. If you think about it Louis has a buy back clause, their team isn't a patch on the Panthers, and I don't think Lynn's will be either.

I can't work out how Buster would give Peterborough  a great team, that don't look cheap and leave his so called beloved Lynn with a predicted team that looks far weaker.. Probably just me over thinking:unsure: 

Maybe Chapman believe's the Lynn side will be good anough.??

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

With no back up for Lambo and the worst reserve average wise in the league 2.55( but still on the 4.00 he came with last season) I certainly don't.. But you could be right Sid. Who knows what goes on in Busters head these days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Precisely this. He isn’t going to intentionally build a crap team which will lose home meetings and nobody will come and watch. The management obviously saw how well these riders worked together in 2018 and wanted to keep as many of them together as possible.

Really like the look of Peterborough, can understand why people think Buster has splashed out on them and scrimped on Lynn but I don’t see there being too much between them come September based on the starting line ups. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Precisely this. He isn’t going to intentionally build a crap team which will lose home meetings and nobody will come and watch. The management obviously saw how well these riders worked together in 2018 and wanted to keep as many of them together as possible.

Really like the look of Peterborough, can understand why people think Buster has splashed out on them and scrimped on Lynn but I don’t see there being too much between them come September based on the starting line ups. 

Peterborough look a lot stronger than Kings Lynn to me. Maybe he has accidentally built a crap team!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Probably because Keith Chapman didn’t put the team together, Ged Rathbone did.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Riss,Jorgensen are two riders i really like both can improve and it has puzzled me why Jorgensen is not a In/out Premier no1 he is good anough.You odviously see something in this side so if both of those did step it up then that could push Lynn to another level.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Probably because Keith Chapman didn’t put the team together, Ged Rathbone did.

With who's money. Who set the budget though ?