British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

With who's money. Who set the budget though ?

It was said pages ago that the initial budget was set by Chapman. Rathbone said he should work with a bigger budget to help the club be more saleable. Chapman agreed but said if the Rathbone couldn't sell the club the rider budget would have to be cut as he'd take full ownership. 

Watson rubbished that rumour, then it ended up being absolutely correct. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

It was said pages ago that the initial budget was set by Chapman. Rathbone said he should work with a bigger budget to help the club be more saleable. Chapman agreed but said if the Rathbone couldn't sell the club the rider budget would have to be cut as he'd take full ownership. 

As secrecy is the watchword  we shall never know

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If was said pages ago that the initial budget was set by Chapman. Rathbone said he should work with a bigger budget to help the club be more saleable. Chapman agreed but said if the Rathbone couldn't sell the club the rider budget would have to be cut as he'd take full ownership. 

We may never know 100% as it's speedway. Buster must be happy with the team he has put together I guess. If i'm correct Lynn picked up 18 away points last season. If they manage any more than 4 with the team I think they have this season, they will do well...

Has Buster lost the plot :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

He has not lost the plot, more that he now dreams BIG. Empire size BIG, the would be overlord of UK "top level"  speedway. All in the best interests of the sport I am sure he would claim. The PL is now 'saved for a few months and the TV contract too. What of beyond this season?

With his able deputy Rob Godfrey acknowledging that the most likely future of UK speedway is part-time semi-pro in one big league. Just what many fans have clamoured for. But we do know now that Promoters are the most passionate of fans. The mob on the terraces are also-rans it seems.

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

I for one am looking forward to the new season 

Same. It’s been such a strange winter with a lot to take in and there’s been a fair few up and down emotions but now the dust has settled and the season is nearly upon us, I’m very much looking forward to it. 

From an Ipswich perspective, I don’t think we have a great team but that’s not stopping me from looking forward to the season. I’m really interested to see how the Pole takes to Foxhall as he is a rider I’ve not yet seen. 

Enjoyed the Ipswich/Panthers meetings in the Championship and I’m looking forward to these meetings again in the top flight. 

Will also be good to see old favourites like Hans Andersen back at Foxhall too. 

• Like 4

I fear we will not hear from Ged or Neil again. It is almost unbelievable the total disregard for the paying public shown by the Mafia and the seeming contempt in which we are regarded.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I fear we will not hear from Ged or Neil again. It is almost unbelievable the total disregard for the paying public shown by the Mafia and the seeming contempt in which we are regarded.

They will still expect fans to turn up and pay there entrance fees just like nothing has changed , yet nobody has got the balls to let us know just what's happening , and that's sums up the state the sport is in, we are treated like dumb idiots who should turn up and just hand over our money.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

They will still expect fans to turn up and pay there entrance fees just like nothing has changed , yet nobody has got the balls to let us know just what's happening , and that's sums up the state the sport is in, we are treated like dumb idiots who should turn up and just hand over our money.

Do not understand all the negative comments , Panthers are running in 2019, we are back in the top league , we still have Ged and Neil    it seems, who saved us with aid of fans when it seemed we would no longer have speedway in Peterborough at all, we have a very good team indeed , back on TV, no better way to advertise the Panthers, as may temp new people to try speedway or bring back fans who have drifted away over the last few years , cannot wait for the season to start ,especially with the local derby`s with Ippo and Kings Lynn..

jimg 

11 minutes ago, jimg said:

Do not understand all the negative comments , Panthers are running in 2019, we are back in the top league , we still have Ged and Neil    it seems, who saved us with aid of fans when it seemed we would no longer have speedway in Peterborough at all, we have a very good team indeed , back on TV, no better way to advertise the Panthers, as may temp new people to try speedway or bring back fans who have drifted away over the last few years , cannot wait for the season to start ,especially with the local derby`s with Ippo and Kings Lynn..

jimg 

I think you will find you are mistaken re Ged and Neil.

• Like 1

What I officially know is that Ged and Lisa no longer own the club,  Colin Pratt has come in as a promoter don't know how many promoters a club can have but the other two are remaining extreemley quiet!!! 

1 hour ago, bdjfan said:

What I officially know is that Ged and Lisa no longer own the club,  Colin Pratt has come in as a promoter don't know how many promoters a club can have but the other two are remaining extreemley quiet!!! 

They are still listed as promoters, one can presume that is the case until the club announces otherwise ...

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/clubofficials

7 hours ago, jimg said:

jimg 

Basically agree with the sentiment but good luck at maintaining interest and attracting new regular or returning fans with that fixture list. Speedway is a mess and the EoES may also say do one in the summer but naff all from July 15 until September 5 (currently the last programmed 2019 fixture) is beyond a joke.

• Like 2