British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

11 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I think you will find you are mistaken re Ged and Neil.

Maybe I  just quoted what is on the Website and hope is right

11 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I think you will find you are mistaken re Ged and Neil.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, wealdstone said:

I fear we will not hear from Ged or Neil again. It is almost unbelievable the total disregard for the paying public shown by the Mafia and the seeming contempt in which we are regarded.

I spoke to Neil Watson on Friday night who assured me that he and Ged were still the promoters. I cant see that he would lie to me on this matter.                                                       y

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I spoke to Neil Watson on Friday night who assured me that he and Ged were still the promoters. I cant see that he would lie to me on this matter.                                                       y

The best way to sort this out is for the club to make an announcement on the official website, or is that too simple ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

The best way to sort this out is for the club to make an announcement on the official website, or is that too simple ?

Strange that we have 3 promoters that fail to communicate with each other and the team manager is the only one making official club statements. It gets more like a Whitehall farce by the day .

• Like 1

Once you are owned lock. stock and barrel by Buster Chapman, he has you over a barrel! And a Sargasso sea begins to build up so that very little information on who, what where and when seeps out. Lock it all down tight is Buster's way.

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Once you are owned lock. stock and barrel by Buster Chapman, he has you over a barrel! And a Sargasso sea begins to build up so that very little information on who, what where and when seeps out. Lock it all down tight is Buster's way.

Don't see the problem. If it's run badly it'll be his pocket and reputation taking a big hit whereas the punters can just spend their money elsewhere. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, proud panther said:

If there's nothing to say then say nothing is often the best policy but there is usually no smoke without fire and they'll all be aware of the speculation. A general news item of some sort that incorporates the topic wouldn't be too difficult to put together.

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

If there's nothing to say then say nothing is often the best policy but there is usually no smoke without fire and they'll all be aware of the speculation. A general news item of some sort that incorporates the topic wouldn't be too difficult to put together.

There wouldn't be enough hours in the day to keep putting out press releases/news regarding speculation,rumours especially that arise from this forum.If Neil and Ged are still the promoters and nothing has changed why should the club have make a news item to say all these rumours are untrue.As i said not enough hours in the day to keep putting out news bulletins regarding rumours that 90% of the time start on here.

Now if they have left then things are different and you would expect the club to make an announcement straight away.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There wouldn't be enough hours in the day to keep putting out press releases/news regarding speculation,rumours especially that arise from this forum.If Neil and Ged are still the promoters and nothing has changed why should the club have make a news item to say all these rumours are untrue.As i said not enough hours in the day to keep putting out news bulletins regarding rumours that 90% of the time start on here.

Now if they have left then things are different and you would expect the club to make an announcement straight away.

Not with the 'Godfather' now in control. Remind me, how many Lynn riders has he announced for the new season :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Four out of seven and it is nowhere near March yet! Buster is expecting a substantial increase in average attendances due to his dynamic "leave 'em waiting" marketing technique. There are several weeks before opening night 2019.

21 hours ago, wealdstone said:

What on earth are they promoting because it sure ain't speedway?

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Four out of seven and it is nowhere near March yet! Buster is expecting a substantial increase in average attendances due to his dynamic "leave 'em waiting" marketing technique. There are several weeks before opening night 2019.

Drip feeding it is what you want to do when you have a few " ringers" lined up, or a team like Wolves or Boro.. IMHO it looks a bit silly. We know who the riders are, because the other teams are complete.

If Buster owns the Panthers and pays the wages, then why wasn't their team drip fed. One of the 1st teams declared, and one of the best ??

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

T Balfe no longer team sponsors

I can't say I am surprised that T Balfe has withdrawn there team sponsorship , hardly surprising when we supposedly have 3 promoters who don't communicate with each other and do not even communicate with supporters at social nights,  sounds like all 3 promoters have been gagged and only the lapdog team manager is allowed to make official statements after they have been verified  by Chapman .

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Noodles said:

T Balfe no longer team sponsors

Maybe they had a close working relationship with Ged and were expecting that to continue? Would possibly add fuel to the existing rumour that Ged is no longer involved. Might have nothing to do with it of course but you have to wonder. 

Been one turbulent winter this one! Just seems like one balls up after another and we’re all waiting for next weeks instalment. 

Whats the odds that the next move is to release another “expensive” rider due to “unforeseen circumstances” i.e the withdrawal of a major sponsor :rolleyes: