British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I can't say I am surprised that T Balfe has withdrawn there team sponsorship , hardly surprising when we supposedly have 3 promoters who don't communicate with each other and do not even communicate with supporters at social nights,  sounds like all 3 promoters have been gagged and only the lapdog team manager is allowed to make official statements after they have been verified  by Chapman .

Follows the Chapman owned and run history. "My way or the highway" has long been the accepted manner of doing things at King's Lynn.

Just about six weeks to go before tapes up and it looks like a world of crap to still happen now they have no team sponsors. 

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Maybe they had a close working relationship with Ged and were expecting that to continue? Would possibly add fuel to the existing rumour that Ged is no longer involved. Might have nothing to do with it of course but you have to wonder. 

Been one turbulent winter this one! Just seems like one balls up after another and we’re all waiting for next weeks instalment. 

Whats the odds that the next move is to release another “expensive” rider due to “unforeseen circumstances” i.e the withdrawal of a major sponsor :rolleyes:

Which Peterborough rider are you hoping will wing his way to Ipswich this time,or will Buster fill one of his empty spots at Lynn. 

13 hours ago, Noodles said:

T Balfe no longer team sponsors

This move more likely to be IMO due to  non involvement of Lambert family

I have never had such a feeling of foreboding regarding Speedway in general and Panthers in particular as  I have at the moment.

25 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I have never had such a feeling of foreboding regarding Speedway in general and Panthers in particular as  I have at the moment.

Join the club mate.

Wow, this thread took a nosedive!

Back in the top flight where you should be, solid looking team capable of challenging for honours, stability in ownership along with an old hands Promoter who knows the sport inside out. Granted, communication seems to be somewhat lacking at this moment in time but reading this thread you'd think the Panthers were about to shut up shop.

18 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Back in the top flight where you should be, solid looking team capable of challenging for honours, stability in ownership along with an old hands Promoter who knows the sport inside out. Granted, communication seems to be somewhat lacking at this moment in time but reading this thread you'd think the Panthers were about to shut up shop.

A statement from the bosses could put an end to the  matter

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

It's not the fans who have created this atmosphere, it's  the non existence of public relations from the management who seem to think giving fans the mushroom effect  is the  latest fashion trend

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

Could well be if the rumours about Buster's backers turn out to be true. Speedway in East Anglia would be a noTHING then.

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Could well be if the rumours about Buster's backers turn out to be true. Speedway in East Anglia would be a noTHING then.

Who are the  *alleged*  backers. Can you tell who they are. Not who you got it from :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

As a neutral i will miss my occasional sunday trips to the showground. I might do a couple of meetings there next season. A weekday race night presents a logistical nightmare for me.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Who are the  *alleged*  backers. Can you tell who they are. Not who you got it from :t:

Don't you just love citing rumours but then not saying what they are.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

So Tbalfe aren’t continuing sponsorship then. 

Panthers fans know nothing, our management whoever they may be don't think we should  be in a position to understand what's been going on and as long as we turn up for home meetings and pay our admission fee  . Then everything will be just fine.

• Sad 1