British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

So Tbalfe aren’t continuing sponsorship then. 

Do keep up. It happens, as the Readypower logo on your picture shows.

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Don't you just love citing rumours but then not saying what they are.

•  
  •  
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, waytogo28 said:

Could well be if the rumours about Buster's backers turn out to be true. Speedway in East Anglia would be a noTHING then.

Who are the  *alleged*  backers. Can you tell who they are. Not who you got it from :t:

Waytogo posted, and I asked who  he was talking about. Whats wrong with that ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

So who IS sponsoring the Panthers this year? Looks the most expensive team of all three of Busters teams,  but I guess it doesn’t really matter? Lynn have new sponsors, Ipswich have Tru Plant putting their cash back in, so I guess it’s all for one and one for all :rolleyes:

Ged wanted to sell. Buster was the only person interested and did the deal. Took them into the top league, Colin Pratt (one of the finest administrators the sport has even at his age) there to ensure everything goes smoothly and local man Carl Johnson stepping up his involvement with passion and commitment.

Buster about to take a blade to the Showground to ensure the track is the best it can be for the likes of Andersen, Tungate and Cook to fly around there.

Contract signed with the Showground last week.

Rather be a Panthers fan than Hammers, Rockets or Comets.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:
  •  
  •  

Who are the  *alleged*  backers. Can you tell who they are. Not who you got it from :t:

Waytogo posted, and I asked who  he was talking about. Whats wrong with that ?

That you needed to ask.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Ged wanted to sell. Buster was the only person interested and did the deal. Took them into the top league, Colin Pratt (one of the finest administrators the sport has even at his age) there to ensure everything goes smoothly and local man Carl Johnson stepping up his involvement with passion and commitment.

Buster about to take a blade to the Showground to ensure the track is the best it can be for the likes of Andersen, Tungate and Cook to fly around there.

Contract signed with the Showground last week.

Rather be a Panthers fan than Hammers, Rockets or Comets.

Hard to argue with that, i just hope the change of race might makes it financially viable.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So who IS sponsoring the Panthers this year? Looks the most expensive team of all three of Busters teams,  but I guess it doesn’t really matter? Lynn have new sponsors, Ipswich have Tru Plant putting their cash back in, so I guess it’s all for one and one for all :rolleyes:

I do hope they come up  with some sponsorship deals as its looking pretty thin on the ground in that department having already lost T.Balfe  who had already agreed to 2019 sponsorship Stephen Lambert transport who also brought in a lot of money to the club via his hospitality guests and they have also lost Motive owned by Ged Rathbone which did not come as a surprise.  As yet no official announcement has been made with reference to Ged  Rathbone or Neil Watson  leaving there positions as  promoters ,  I do think Panthers fans are entitled some explanation as to what is happening but won't hold my breath.

• Like 2

I have  reason to believe the team was not as expensive as many people think. Further there may well be a lot of regrets amongst the triumvirate.

• Like 1

1. A new team sponsorship has been agreed thanks to the contacts of Colin Pratt. Announcement once formalities are complete.
  2. There will be an announcement regarding Ged and Neil once all those formalities have been completed.
  3. Yes fans deserve to be told what is happening regarding Ged and Neil and will be. Pretty sure Ged may say something in due course too.
  4. Cheer up.

Somewhat enigmatic to say the least!!!!

1 hour ago, Piccolo said:
  1. A new team sponsorship has been agreed thanks to the contacts of Colin Pratt. Announcement once formalities are complete.
  2. There will be an announcement regarding Ged and Neil once all those formalities have been completed.
  3. Yes fans deserve to be told what is happening regarding Ged and Neil and will be. Pretty sure Ged may say something in due course too.
  4. Cheer up.

Good to see the new PR department doing some work.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Piccolo said:
  4. Cheer up.

Did Buster Chapman mention to you about the no holds barred interview with the Peterborough Evening Telegraph he would be doing  after his return from New Zealand or has he conveniently  put it to the back of his mind and hopes all fans will forget about it just like he has done

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Haha 2

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, wealdstone said:

I have  reason to believe the team was not as expensive as many people think. Further there may well be a lot of regrets amongst the triumvirate.

Then you have to equate that against the fact they have lost team sponsorship from T.Balfe    as well as other sponsors and maybe now the team is more expensive than what was desired. Getting new sponsors interested can't be easy and to lose the main sponsor after they had already agreed a deal for 2019 must be a real blow for the club , just hope they can find a company that are willing to back them with a sizable deal otherwise the future after 2019 will not look so bright  premier or championship for Panthers.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Then you have to equate that against the fact they have lost team sponsorship from T.Balfe    as well as other sponsors and maybe now the team is more expensive than what was desired. Getting new sponsors interested can't be easy and to lose the main sponsor after they had already agreed a deal for 2019 must be a real blow for the club , just hope they can find a company that are willing to back them with a sizable deal otherwise the future after 2019 will not look so bright  premier or championship for Panthers.

The future of Peterborough Panthers never looks bright after any season. The end of 2019 will be no different and we'll see the usual shall we/shan't that we see every year.

Press and Practice set for Wednesday 27th March will the riders get to blow off the cobwebs on a new flat Showground track or one thats been made worse with the work done on it. ?