British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Good news or is it the beginning of the end publicly for Ged at Peterborough?

Well whatever people think about Ged  , he did try and communicate with Panthers  fans which is more than I can say about those who have now taken over .

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Good news or is it the beginning of the end publicly for Ged at Peterborough?

I thought Ged had announced he was on his way last season due to the horrendous travelling each week taking its toll. That was before any change of heart and/or interest from Buster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought Ged had announced he was on his way last season due to the horrendous travelling each week taking its toll. 

Correct

my understanding from Ged is that he will be around but in a much reduced capacity

6 hours ago, wealdstone said:

my understanding from Ged is that he will be around but in a much reduced capacity

It would be nice if those in a responsible position with the club made a statement confirming one way or another if Ged  Rathbone and Neil Watson are still promoters or not , it cant be that hard , or is there a dark secret in there that at the moment is being hidden to save some kind of embarrassment being publicised. Then again perhaps it's just down to ignorance and/ or arrogance.      

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It would be nice if those in a responsible position with the club made a statement confirming one way or another if Ged  Rathbone and Neil Watson are still promoters or not , it cant be that hard , or is there a dark secret in there that at the moment is being hidden to save some kind of embarrassment being publicised. Then again perhaps it's just down to ignorance and/ or arrogance.      

One thing to learn about your new promotion is they like to keep fans guessing - least you have your 1-7 at Kings Lynn we are still waiting.

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

One thing to learn about your new promotion is they like to keep fans guessing - least you have your 1-7 at Kings Lynn we are still waiting.

Not any more. 

Cant recall where but I’m sure I read/heard that there’s ongoing legal stuff with the promotional changes which is why nobody involved can say too much yet? Could be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not any more. 

Cant recall where but I’m sure I read/heard that there’s ongoing legal stuff with the promotional changes which is why nobody involved can say too much yet? Could be wrong. 

Not sure about legal stuff but I had heard somewhere there were announcements due re promoters

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

We should be looking forward to new season. Unfortunately  with the secrecy and subterfuge  that has been the norm during close season as I have said before I am left with a feeling of foreboding . I just think there is lot more going on than we know and am suspicious of Busters motives. I can't lose sight of  how eager he was to accept the 30 pieces of silver

• Like 4

I wouldn't worry rodders panthers are back where there track belongs and looks like there team is a match for anybody . alright the fixture list don't suit everybody but it looks like it could be the best season racing wise since 2007 I can't wait

5 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Are Peterborough doing any Sunday meetings this year?

Not unless there are individuals or challenge matches planned. Sadly the fixed race nights have removed any chances of me getting to the showground this year. 

13 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

No. But the fixtures page has covered that just in case: "Peterborough midweek home meetings start 7.30pm - Sundays 5.00pm (unless otherwise stated)."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

Just the Championship Fours on Sunday 23rd June.