British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Confirmation of what was largely known already although confirmation that Tungate is notably cheaper than Harris is quite alarming because i doubt Rohan comes that cheap so Bomber must be raking it in once again.

Or is it something to do with the relationship between Chris Louis and Tungate?

• Like 3

Haha, I believe the saying is...….. Don't believe everything you read in the papers. I think there is some reverse engineering going on

• Like 2

If Chris Harris is that expensive wont it cause possible trouble within the Ipswich ranks now they are fully aware of his earnings situation

Carl Johnson has gone from knocking the whole thing on the head to extra input in most matters feet under the table? 

Was Chris Harris just seen as the weakest heat leader at Peterborough so he had to move on. 

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Haha, I believe the saying is...….. Don't believe everything you read in the papers. I think there is some reverse engineering going on

Spot on , it's just a cover up for the truth  , part of the deal is Rathbone and Watson must remain tight lipped and not tell the real truth and Chapman now thinks everything in the garden is rosy , I for one don't believe that there is a great deal of difference between the Harris and Tungate  potential earnings this move was more for the benefit to suit Ipswich who had a problem finding a suitable NO;1. Sorry Buster Chapman I don't buy your bull 5hit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, semion said:

So if Harris was that expensive how come Buster then signs him for Ipswich ? Go figure

There’s every chance Ipswich had money left in their budget and Harris deal was re-negiogated so he is on far less at Ipswich then he was at Peterborough.

• Haha 1

I’m not disputing budgets.  More if Buster deemed Harris over priced ( compared to say Tungate) then it suggests he would be over priced at another of his Promotions ( Ipswich). 

Buster is not one with a reputation of over paying for anyone/thing. So it might be suggested that either Harris revised his needs to get a team place or Ipswich couldn’t find a 7 point ( come the season end) on sensible money 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, semion said:

I’m not disputing budgets.  More if Buster deemed Harris over priced ( compared to say Tungate) then it suggests he would be over priced at another of his Promotions ( Ipswich). 

Buster is not one with a reputation of over paying for anyone/thing. So it might be suggested that either Harris revised his needs to get a team place or Ipswich couldn’t find a 7 point ( come the season end) on sensible money 

By the sounds of it Buster wasn't involved in the negiogations with Harris. Once he realised what sort of deal he had bagged himself, I can't believe he ended up getting the same at Ipswich.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

By the sounds of it Buster wasn't involved in the negiogations with Harris. Once he realised what sort of deal he had bagged himself, I can't believe he ended up getting the same at Ipswich.

Maybe he has actually ended up with a deal that means he is paid per point so will have to put some effort into his racing.

3 riders at Peterborough were offered no1 money (Harris , Andersen and Cook) by Ged. At no time did Buster agree to this which led to Peterborough being over budget. Ipswich had room left in their budget for a rider on No1 money. Maybe all 3 were asked to move and Harris agreed to as he would be on same deal. The other 2 took a possible decrease to allow Tungate (who would never be at Ipswich for various reasons) to sign......

Maybe

Allegedly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

3 riders at Peterborough were offered no1 money (Harris , Andersen and Cook) by Ged. At no time did Buster agree to this which led to Peterborough being over budget. Ipswich had room left in their budget for a rider on No1 money. Maybe all 3 were asked to move and Harris agreed to as he would be on same deal. The other 2 took a possible decrease to allow Tungate (who would never be at Ipswich for various reasons) to sign......

Maybe

Allegedly 

Don't people see that there was a six week gap between Harris signing for Peterborough before the decision was made to axe him being just a little bit suspicious and losing Ged through this has also cost them the main team sponsor as well who had already pledged to a continuation for 2019.

• Like 2

Maybe they were offered a bit more as the team sponsor at the time was willing/looking to assist to get riders signed up, then Buster didnt like it so put his foot down and by upsetting Ged he had upset the team sponsor as well, Ged left and the team sponsor followed so the team became over budget due to the loss of the extra cash  

Maybe Just Maybe

Maybe Andersen and Cook didnt want to go to Ipswich but wanted to ride at Peterborough 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe they were offered a bit more as the team sponsor at the time was willing/looking to assist to get riders signed up, then Buster didnt like it so put his foot down and by upsetting Ged he had upset the team sponsor as well, Ged left and the team sponsor followed so the team became over budget due to the loss of the extra cash  

Maybe Just Maybe

Now your getting closer.

• Like 1

Said weeks ago that the extra money was most likely sponsor money added to the budget,  after all the team sponsor was to pay for the extra assets last year that didn't in the end happen

Back to speedway racing..does anyone know what time the BH fixture with Kings Lynn starts?

After all the hassle with Jack Holder, Torun & Buster interfering, plus Busters  own agenda with Chris Holder, is anybody really surprised that Ged don't want to work with him ?

• Like 2