British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I did not , but that does mean it is true or otherwise. I will not be there whatever the start time.

As none of 3 fixture lists say it is then nothing has changed at the moment anyway.

I hope it's in the morning, so we don't have to waste the day sitting around waiting, then we can do something else with our Easter Monday as well.  

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Over to you Rodders - did you hear that one?

I think that my mate went and he's asked whether I'm interested in both so it didn't reach him if he did go.

Carl confirmed at the forum that the match on the 22nd April v Kings Lynn was a 2pm start

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Carl confirmed at the forum that the match on the 22nd April v Kings Lynn was a 2pm start

As per usual, the website will catch up at some point. Given that football and speedway clash in that case you'd have thought that the priority would have been to get the message out to the majority. An add on to today's P&P new item would have been easy enough.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bomber was simply terrific tonight for the Witches tonight at Leicester 

Thanks very much Buster :P

See, he ain't so bad after all :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

See, he ain't so bad after all :wink:

Ive not said he was :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Great start to Promoting that Carl. Clashing with Posh and their biggest home gate of the season

• Like 1

7 hours ago, champs99 said:

Great start to Promoting that Carl. Clashing with Posh and their biggest home gate of the season

Yep, not good.   I wonder what/who was behind it. 

It was - and still is - an avoidable clash.  But I guess Buster & co don't give a flying one as a good few K/Lynn fans will be there to compensate for some Panthers fans opting for the Posh game. 

Another one to file away under "Speedway shoots itself in the foot".  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

Yep, not good.   I wonder what/who was behind it. 

It was - and still is - an avoidable clash.  But I guess Buster & co don't give a flying one as a good few K/Lynn fans will be there to compensate for some Panthers fans opting for the Posh game. 

Another one to file away under "Speedway shoots itself in the foot".  :rolleyes: 

Yup. My mate is a season ticket holder for both. I suspect that he'll choose Posh, and as I'm happy with either then I suspect that my pennies will be spent at London Road.

It's still not officially confirmed anywhere so I wouldn't yet say that this clash will not be avoided.

Edited by Crump99

On 3/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Just wondering if he said why this meeting had to be moved - do you think it’s fixed or could it be changed again once they realise it clashes with the Posh fixture others have mentioned?   If we know what the problem it makes it easier to understand.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Just wondering if he said why this meeting had to be moved - do you think it’s fixed or could it be changed again once they realise it clashes with the Posh fixture others have mentioned?   If we know what the problem it makes it easier to understand.   

No someone asked what time it starts and Carl answered him.

No doubt it will get raised at P&P tomorrow.

Edited by bigcatdiary
Changes

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

No someone asked what time it starts and Carl answered him.

No doubt it will get raised at P&P tomorrow.

Ok thanks anyway.  

Its a strange one - if it was a case of home and away V Stars an early start at Eoes would be totally understandable but that’s not the case.   Nor are any clashes for either side with Championship double upper/downers not to mention going up against the Posh match when we could have had a 6pm start for example meaning no late home for anyone as it’s a local Derby.   

Cant make P & P this year as it’s a special day for a family member.  

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Ok thanks anyway.  

Its a strange one - if it was a case of home and away V Stars an early start at Eoes would be totally understandable but that’s not the case.   Nor are any clashes for either side with Championship double upper/downers not to mention going up against the Posh match when we could have had a 6pm start for example meaning no late home for anyone as it’s a local Derby.   

Cant make P & P this year as it’s a special day for a family member.  

It’s a Monday so Championship cannot race that day so double uppers doesn’t come into it, I don’t know the story behind the start time only what was said.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s a Monday so Championship cannot race that day so double uppers doesn’t come into it, I don’t know the story behind the start time only what was said.

Crazy decision to clash with a big football match that was sorted 6 months ago, & a kick in the teeth for the fans that have season tickets for both teams. Surely common sense will prevail.

• Like 2

Total madness .Fortunately I will not be there whatever. Can they really want to start the new regime with a financial disaster?