British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Crazy decision to clash with a big football match that was sorted 6 months ago, & a kick in the teeth for the fans that have season tickets for both teams. Surely common sense will prevail.

You'd like to think so - but this is speedway we're talking about :rolleyes:

I'm a STH at London Road and would always pick Posh ahead of Panthers even if I didn't have a season ticket. That said, I rarely miss a Panthers home meeting (and go to a few aways too).  I've never had a Panthers season ticket but I had been thinking about buying one for this season - but that's gone out of the window now.  And I'd be mightily pi55ed off if I'd already bought one. 

No wonder Panthers sell only a handful of season tickets every year. 

Edited by PE7Panther

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Crazy decision to clash with a big football match that was sorted 6 months ago, & a kick in the teeth for the fans that have season tickets for both teams. Surely common sense will prevail.

Yep, but it's not just fans who have a season ticket at Posh.  What about the people who have bought 'ordinary' tickets for this game.  It's v Sunderland, probably the biggest home game of the season, so it's bound to have attracted more non-STHs than usual - especially with it being on a bank holiday afternoon.  

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Total madness .Fortunately I will not be there whatever. Can they really want to start the new regime with a financial disaster?

We are King's Lynn are much more familiar with a Buster says "Do It This Way" request / order / command. The nature of how he prefers to run his speedway clubs.

59 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

We are King's Lynn are much more familiar with a Buster says "Do It This Way" request / order / command. The nature of how he prefers to run his speedway clubs.

Maybe it's request from the Showground for some reason or another....just a thought.

• Like 1

Indeed, I know it’s not BSF protocol but probably best to establish all of the facts before passing judgements left, right and centre. Mr Chapman is many things good and bad and one of those is a businessman, he’s not going to deliberately reduce his gate receipts without good reason I’m sure. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the Panthers coordinated kelvars and bike covers. Should be as good as his other team, Ipswich. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed, I know it’s not BSF protocol but probably best to establish all of the facts before passing judgements left, right and centre. Mr Chapman is many things good and bad and one of those is a businessman, he’s not going to deliberately reduce his gate receipts without good reason I’m sure. 

Tell people the actual reason saves all the guessing games,  but thats to simple isnt it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Looking forward to seeing the Panthers coordinated kelvars and bike covers. Should be as good as his other team, Ipswich. 

The Panthers have done this previously and didnt Lynn also do something similar in the Silver machine year of 2000 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Tell people the actual reason saves all the guessing games,  but thats to simple isnt it. 

Absolutely. One of the bad things he is is a poor communicator. 

How much coffee needs brewing before you guys get it about Chapman?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a debacle. From being excited about the season, my enthusiasm has now gone. I never liked the idea of Buster taking over our club and now my fears are bearing fruit.

• Like 2

Whatever you think about Buster, and Im far from his biggest fan, he is not the only one in this. Craig Cook, a rider I admire,  obviously wants more than Buster thinks the club can afford. 

Responsibility rests with both sides.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Cook hasn’t signed for You guys. Contract not signed. 

I imagine Kacper G will be his replacement. 

If it is Gomolski,then what a awful signing that will be. He was poor before when he came back in 2011 and hasn't exactly torn up any trees in his other stints in the UK, with Poole , Swindon and Leicester.

Edited by Panther1997