British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

4 minutes ago, Sully said:

Has this just come from the Peterborough promotion or governing body? Cook mentions other tracks doing the same. Is that all Premiership clubs or just a select few?

Belle Vue have colour sponsors. Seems to be just Peterborough and Ipswich so far...

Whilst I feel sorry for you guys didn’t I say this two months ago that ged broke the wage ceiling on two of his heat leaders and they were going to have to ride for busters rate or find somewhere else to ride. 

I got loads of stick and told I was making it up.  I accept your apologies 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Buster Chapman has already embarrassed this club before we have even ridden...and to use press and practice day to announce this is shocking. First Bomber now Cookie..WTF are they thinking..great promoting guys..top job so far!...Ged please come back!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Whilst I feel sorry for you guys didn’t I say this two months ago that ged broke the wage ceiling on two of his heat leaders and they were going to have to ride for busters rate or find somewhere else to ride. 

I got loads of stick and told I was making it up.  I accept your apologies 

Ged  denies this

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't all GP riders had the same fork covers for yonks, advertising  the company that sponsors the GP not the individual rider. Craig Cook seemed to accept that. I'm not too sure quite how this fundamentally differs 

• Like 8

Promoters need to stick to a budget. Can’t afford to lose any more clubs.  Cookie is obviously expensive to employ but no rider is bigger than the club. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't all GP riders had the same fork covers for yonks, advertising  the company that sponsors the GP not the individual rider. Craig Cook seemed to accept that. I'm not too sure quite how this fundamentally differs 

On the picture of Hans, presumably the Meridian Lifts sponsor is his and the smaller logos are the clubs. Can't see what Cook's problem would of been with that personally..

Even more ironic, on his website homepage he actually carries a picture of him from the GP with the British GP sponsor on it :blink: *facepalm*

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Riders where compensated for that, why not this as I’m not too sure quite how this fundamentally differs?

Looking at Hans bike in picture he has his main sponsors on the front, his leg and no doubt on his bike cover ,why couldnt Cook accept his in the same places,

hope the new riders NKI that now would be interesting 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looking at Hans bike in picture he has his main sponsors on the front, his leg and no doubt on his bike cover ,why couldnt Cook accept his in the same places,

hope the new riders NKI that now would be interesting 

Kasper golomski is looking for a U.K. mechanic. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Who?

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Could be for Dan Bewley until he is ready, but who knows. It's one of the two I would of thought.