British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

13 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Kasper golomski is looking for a U.K. mechanic. 

Hope he has more luck than Berge then

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

berge  got one for b/vue :party:

42 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Well i said a while ago i wanted no part of Chapman's circus, and this fiasco has confirmed my initial thoughts. Mildenhall only for me this season, Chapman won't be getting a penny of my money ...

Totally fed up with all the Chapman deceit and the way he thinks he can get away with it ,   what a shocking embarrassment on press and practice day you have to announce that your top rider will not be riding for the club , how much more of this rubbishe are Panthers fans supposed to put up with, I also have noticed they have secured Europress  on to the sponsorship advertising board again , with all the damage that has done for the sport especially at Peterborough  Chapman couldn't have insulted supporters by getting this excuse on board . I have recently renewed my supporters club membership , what a waste of time as I am now withdrawing my support totally from the club and want no involvement with this shambles. Mildenhall could well be my next venture as I wont be supporting anything that has connections with Chapman. 

• Like 4

Gomolski would be awful with tight tracks like Wolves and ippo to ride at..I have to say I was gutted when we lost Bomber, lesser so with Cookie but losing 2 top brits and replacing them with 2 foreigners is a recipe for losing fans and to not even have a full team at press and practice day is an awfull way to start the season.

• Sad 1

I don't think both Cook or Buster come out looking good in this, but for me, Cook more so in the wrong. 

As Craig was willing to sacrifice his sponsors being black & white for more points money, he just counteracts his argument.

Questions have to be asked to Chapman, and probably were, why's things different for Hans?

Craig does seem to have this mentality that he's some kind of Speedway Superstar. With Buster, he understands how bang average Cook is so would never pay stupid money for him.

I don't think Gomolski will be a bad replacement, he's a different beast to that in 2011.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another British Speedway shambles. Doesn’t matter who’s right or wrong it’s yer another example of how the sport here is a laughing stock. 

Peterborough could well be whipping boys if they don’t get a decent replacement now. At least Buster has two other teams who can go for the title. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ben91 said:

Another British Speedway shambles. Doesn’t matter who’s right or wrong it’s yer another example of how the sport here is a laughing stock. 

Peterborough could well be whipping boys if they don’t get a decent replacement now. At least Buster has two other teams who can go for the title. 

none of those will be winning it :rofl: all 3 poisoned dwarf fiddling bent idiot  will be in bottom 3 FACT 

• Haha 2

Quite surprised how divided opinion is on this, would have put money on the vast majority of people being on Cook’s side when I first heard the news. Perhaps that says something. 

A real shame however for the people who really matter ie the P’boro fans that it couldn’t be sorted out though. Both the rider and the club are worse off as it stands. 

I feel so for Pboro fans. You don't deserve this. 

Had a great time at the start of the season and it's gone all wrong. Buster Chapmans 3 teams will have covers and racesuits because that is the sponsorship deal he has agreed. 

He wanted the whole league to do it, with Poole, Swindon and Wolves very much against a league sponsor. (wasnt enough money) 

Kacper G is a good rider but he isn't Cook standard. When i saw his tweet this morning i thought if he was coming into Poole it was a replacement for Richie W. 

So he is in that standard of rider, worse than Cook but better than the other 4. HAns and tungate are better. 

Bit of a rubbish Show so close to the season starting. However as much as I am a fan of Cook and not a fan of Chapman, you have to give credit to him sticking to a budget he can afford. As a Rye House fan and hearing what they were paying and how that worked out, I'd take Peterborough's current situation any day. And, Cookie's cause not helped by the fact he seems to have out priced himself out of 2 different teams now.
Also, don't think its that bad of a 1-7. Not as good as When Cookie was #1 but still competitive in what is a pretty weak Premier league these days.

Edited by RPNY
  • Like 4

Gomolski in no way adequate replacement  for Cooke.   Hope we can do better.

• Like 1

I want ,I want, I want.Rather like listening to a spoilt child. It seems like another dummy as been thrown out of cot. OMG.

Hey O.I for one am looking forward to a New start at P/Boro. Bring it on. :t:

• Like 2

Difficult one to call, can see both sides of the argument - this close to the start of the season you’d think surely some sort of an agreement should have been able to be reached to have team and rider sponsors in prominent enough positions to suit everyone! 

With this outcome no one is a winner - Craig is going to find it very difficult to make it pay just riding for Glasgow and Peterborough will struggle to find someone of Craig’s calibre (in the UK) willing to come and take his place!

Another wonderful advert for British speedway! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Fail to see why any of this is Craig Cooks fault ?, 

without individual sponsorship, riders like Cook wouldn’t be able to make a living in the sport , .....

The priority over sponsor name placement was never an issue at Belle Vue and I’m sure it isn’t at most other teams ? ...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Fail to see why any of this is Craig Cooks fault ?, 

without individual sponsorship, riders like Cook wouldn’t be able to make a living in the sport , .....

The priority over sponsor name placement was never an issue at Belle Vue and I’m sure it isn’t at most other teams ? ...

Get another part time job then? Speedway doesn't owe them a living. Craig Cook also rides in the 2nd division at the highest payers in the League so won't be doing too badly!

Your sentence should read something more like.... without team sponsorship, teams like Peterborough wouldn’t be able to make the sport pay

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2