British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

18 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I have to agree with Cook's stance.  If the club want to take over prime sponsorship space then they should expect to pay for it or at least compensate the rider.

How much do riders get in SGP when they all have the same fork covers and race jacket, with sponsors other than their own on. Last season Craig Cook being one.

I didn't think team suits were even compulsory anymore? I'd be pretty peed off if I'd bought a season ticket expecting to see Harris & Cook and got fobbed off with Tungate and whoever...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

What a debacle. From being excited about the season, my enthusiasm has now gone. I never liked the idea of Buster taking over our club and now my fears are bearing fruit.

It'd be hard to find a more supportive fan at the EoES than Stilts so if that's how he feels then we really are in a mess.

• Like 3

I cannot believe the postings of those who back the club's stance on this matter. Totally naive, small minded and frankly come across as money grabbers!

However, that's your choice and it's a free world.

But let me explain, using finance as a basis (no point in wasting my time talking about principles), as to why I disagree with you 100% that club sponsors are more important than individual rider ones. Why finance? Because that is all you seem to think is important - hence "money grabbers".

ALL sponsors are important. Every single one. Whether it's a fan or a large company. A donation is a donation. People give what they can. 

Collectively, rider sponsorship will undoubtedly come to a higher total of money than that of total club sponsors in the UK. Do the maths!

So, you p... off rider sponsors and guess what happens next year? 

Riders have less financial support and they go to clubs for higher wages. Clubs then either meet those demands - and the admission price increases. We all know what the result of that is on BSF - moan, moan, moan - "15 minutes of riding for £X, not worth it, I'm not going back, burning my season ticket". Or if they don't meet those demands, riders have poorer equipment and guess what happens on BSF - moan, moan, moan - "the racing is cr4p - 15 minutes of follow the leader, I'm not going back, etc"!

Yes, it then comes down to YOUR MONEY and you're getting value for it. Ah! But it's different when it comes down to your money. Sponsors money doesn't matter, we take that for granted. And guess what sponsors want? No different from you.

Waken up, take your blinkers off, join the real world outside of your club and get real!

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I have to agree with Cook's stance.  If the club want to take over prime sponsorship space then they should expect to pay for it or at least compensate the rider.

All the sponsors are in white including team sponsors. The only team sponsors are on the torso which is usual place.Looking at the riders they have all their usual sponsors in the usual prominent places like arms and legs etc. They are also wearing their own caps so what Craig is saying is incorrect.

54799688_10157806703903538_8454255827795

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

All the sponsors are in white including team sponsors. The only team sponsors are on the torso which is usual place.Looking at the riders they have all their usual sponsors in the usual prominent places like arms and legs etc. They are also wearing their own caps so what Craig is saying is incorrect.

54799688_10157806703903538_8454255827795

Maybe Cook was trying it on.His sponsors would have been happy with what would have been on his race suit looking at those above.But he told the management they wouldn't be happy so needs more points money.He wanted the best of both worlds by the looks of it but has backfired on him.He will now have to wait for a team position to come up and settle for whatever points money he is offered.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The bottom line is its press and practice day and we should be looking forward to the season with excitement but it's the Craig Cook show.

• Like 3

Having read Craig Cook's twitter response, As I see it, the reason he didnt sign a contract(with the previous promotion) was because of the issue with sponsorship logo's...But he seems to contradict himself saying that he had not originally signed a contract because of this, and then saying that he had discussions with the previous promotion and understood that he would be exempt from this....But the "contract" wasn't changed to reflect this......What contract?........He said he never signed one!.....So am I right in thinking that the sponsorship logo issue was implemented BEFORE Buster Chapman took over the club? If so, I think he has tried it on and Buster was having none of it? If the logo rule was put in place by the previous promotion, Surely he can't have a case to argue? Or have I read it wrong??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Regarding Tv advertising how many times during the season will Cook feature in a Tv fixture,more likely to be about points money or up front payments IMO.Every rider has his Sponsership on their suits ,the colour contrast  surely has to be suitable to highlight the Sponsership does it really matter if it’s company colours as long as you can read the Logo.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Regarding Tv advertising how many times during the season will Cook feature in a Tv fixture,more likely to be about points money or up front payments IMO.Every rider has his Sponsership on their suits ,the colour contrast  surely has to be suitable to highlight the Sponsership does it really matter if it’s company colours as long as you can read the Logo.

Does it really matter if it's sponsors colours? You bet it does 100%.

Think of an airlines that's orange - EasyJet

Think of a chocolate that's purple - Cadburys

Why do you think companies copyright?

Of course it matters.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

It'd be hard to find a more supportive fan at the EoES than Stilts so if that's how he feels then we really are in a mess.

Spot on the most positive optimistic supporter I know and they have managed even to piss him off. When I  spoke to Ged the other week he seemed close to tears over what was happening, now we know why

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, george.m said:

Does it really matter if it's sponsors colours? You bet it does 100%.

Think of an airlines that's orange - EasyJet

Think of a chocolate that's purple - Cadburys

Why do you think companies copyright?

Of course it matters.

On mud spattered leathers it Cook:unsure:

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

On mud spattered leathers it Cook:unsure:

Does he have the "rights"for his glasgow team suit.

Anyone else notice 3 different suppliers of the race suit.

Different shade of red on Hans, different black at top of arms.

Still looks professional and could have enhanced peoples view of speedway and therefore any sponsors logo.

Still believe Buster is trying to create a surplus of riders to drive down costs for promotors.

Still believe Cookie on a mountain of cash from Glasgow and GHT. Way more than in the premiership.

He will be fine.