British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Lets hop he was there to sign a contract

Even if he was there it makes no difference to the essence of what has happened mushroom management at its wolrst again. From what I hear even if NKI does sign  it is only likely to be a stop gap. I would not be too happy either if I was a Kings Lynn fan

8 hours ago, cambpanther said:

noticed this on twitter. Carl Johnsons comment after was -- Great to see everyone embracing the new suit branding, from supporters to GP riders.

GP riders??? what GP riders? is this a hint to new signing?

The magnificence  of the wonderful new race suits clearly overshadowed the relatively minor distraction of fans being shafted yet again.  This is the second rider who we now are told had not signed a contract. One wonders if anybody has

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Even if he was there it makes no difference to the essence of what has happened mushroom management at its wolrst again. From what I hear even if NKI does sign  it is only likely to be a stop gap. I would not be too happy either if I was a Kings Lynn fan

Good luck to NKI if he has signed up at P’Boro.  Gives him a chance to get set up early for the GP’s etc.  

He owes Lynn supporters nothing so why shouldn’t he earn a few quid before the real stuff starts. Lynn have a team set-up for the season ( injuries permitting) If PUK signs then Panthers will be looking for a new No 1 in 8/10 weeks, and we all know there is a big queue of those waiting to ride in the UK

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Would make no difference to me, he doesn’t want a full season due to other commitments and I’m happy with our team so good luck to your club and him if you sign him short term. 

Edited by Bagpuss

NKI is a better rider than Cook so may not turn out so bad...the thing that annoys me more now is this..If we had dumped Billy big time Cook some time ago we may not have had to lose Bomber. This whole situation has been a shambles though.. really unprofessional.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Gomolski tweeted yesterday that he needs a mechanic in the UK - I assume for Peterborough? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

NKI is a better rider than Cook so may not turn out so bad...the thing that annoys me more now is this..had we dumped Billy big time Cook some time ago we may not have had to lose Bomber.

I was thinking this. Someone had to go so knowing what we know now, why wasn't it Cook?

4 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I was thinking this. Someone had to go so knowing what we know now, why wasn't it Cook?

Cook mentioned he thought the issue had been resolved with Ged, so presumably at the time there was seen to be no issue with Cook.

15 hours ago, Rob B said:

All the sponsors are in white including team sponsors. The only team sponsors are on the torso which is usual place.Looking at the riders they have all their usual sponsors in the usual prominent places like arms and legs etc. They are also wearing their own caps so what Craig is saying is incorrect.

54799688_10157806703903538_8454255827795

B3492566-9FD5-41DB-BE0D-4C44A007F832.jpeg

Putting aside the Cook situation, like Ipswich how good do the Peterborough suits and bikes look. Lynn likely to look equally as professional at their P&P later. Would be nice to think the rest of the clubs in the UK will follow suit one day. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Crump99 said:

It'd be hard to find a more supportive fan at the EoES than Stilts so if that's how he feels then we really are in a mess.

Couldn’t have put it better - I thought exactly the same when I read his post.   Very sad situation all round! 

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Putting aside the Cook situation, like Ipswich how good do the Peterborough suits and bikes look. Lynn likely to look equally as professional at their P&P later. Would be nice to think the rest of the clubs in the UK will follow suit one day. 

A deal was in place for the whole league to potentially do it. 

Then Poole, Wolves and Swindon said no way. Too much money for those 3 clubs in sponsor money.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

He signed for Lynn as a stop gap whilst Batchelor recovered from injury stayed alot longer, only place hes won a lge title lives near by, who retains his registration these days is it still Poole. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s a matter of opinion whether you think the all white logos and lettering as apposed to the branded colours of last year gives better exposure to your paying sponsors. They must have been heavily consulted on this as paying benefactors of the sport and obviously prefer just the white. Just shows what I know about marketing and branding. 

Looking forward to all clubs in all leagues adopting this so we can finally see an upturn in companies who provide sponsorship.