British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not sure I agree Mike I employ subcontractors on a self employed basis and they wear my livery on their vans, my logos on their hard hats, my hi vis jackets with my company name on,  my uniforms on their backs... they are branded up as my employees whilst they are working for me as I am paying their wages after all...

Why should I be dictated to? If I didn't have the work they wouldn't have a job... of course they could always go and work for someone else but you can't have the tail wagging the dog? Or can You?

Regards 

THJ 

Not exactly comparing apples with apples there - unless your business is entertainment/sport

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not exactly comparing apples with apples there - unless your business is entertainment/sport

What's the difference... someone is paying their wages... I have tradesmen with 1000 of pounds worth of tools and mechanical gear what they have to buy to carry out their trade.... their day job... on my site...  if they want to use that at weekends or other jobs I can't dictate what they have on it but if it's my job my contract and my customers they are branded up to advertise my business not someone else's and if they don't like the well... oh hang on that's just what's happened...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What's the difference... someone is paying their wages... I have tradesmen with 1000 of pounds worth of tools and mechanical gear what they have to buy to carry out their trade.... their day job... on my site...  if they want to use that at weekends or other jobs I can't dictate what they have on it but if it's my job my contract and my customers they are branded up to advertise my business not someone else's and if they don't like the well... oh hang on that's just what's happened...

Regards 

THJ 

More fool them if they are ordered to wear your work gear if their not on your books full time. 

I have spent the last fifteen years as a subcontractor and a full time employee and not once got forced to wear a companys logo whilst subbying into them. 

Maybe different up North or times in the UK have changed now as I left five years ago of course. But if a company isnt willing to take you on the books full time, then its extremely rare to be asked to wear their hard hats/jackets/body warmers etc . 

I certainly agree with the suggestion that Buster is doing his best to tip the balance of power in favour of the clubs and will not be held to ransom by riders.

• Like 3

So NKI or Gomolski for the 7th rider. Like chalk and cheese tbf 

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So NKI or Gomolski for the 7th rider. Like chalk and cheese tbf 

Whoever it is I'm looking forward to Monday panthers have 2 2nd strings and 2 reserves who can beat anybody round showground 

Jon Armstrong would be within budget

• Haha 3

Might need him if no one is signed in time as dont expect you get a facility for a not signed my contract rider whos been released. 

Edited by scoobydoo

Cook needs another visit to his head shrink,he seems to think people owe him a living on his terms these days.Thats not how it works in Speedway.IMO.

• Like 4

I think it says a lot that he appears to be the only rider out of twenty one employed by Buster tracks who has an issue with the sponsor arrangement. 

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it says a lot that he appears to be the only rider out of twenty one employed by Buster tracks who has an issue with the sponsor arrangement. 

Don’t believe for one minute it’s all/just about sponsors logos.  More to this than we are being told AS PER USUAL!  

It will be Gomolski Flappy I’m sure!  

• Like 1

Surely a rider should be allowed to get maximum coverage for his sponsors , as long as it doesn’t interfere with the official team sponsor of course, 

I’m sure some compromise could have been reached here? , Strange  how Cook never had problems like this at BV though?

• Like 1