British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Summers :rofl:  This is management at it's best ....

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

To be fair, you’ve got to admire how Buster’s done this for maximum media exposure. 

He announced the KL team one by one over several weeks and now he’s sacking the Boro riders one by one.

Genius :)

Think Boro have got off lightly. In another media scoop Buster has announced that Ipswich will have just two bikes this season:

64e9f6815678374d6c0ca4d402959565-1200x90

Edited by DC2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's no secret that it's Kacper Gomolski.  

Unless the delay in naming him means that Cook is coming crawling back begging? 

Most will  now wish it was Gomoilski  , another slap in face for fans.      What  a ruddy hames

• Like 1

Colin really seems like a Pratt.."it wasn't us it was them"... really???...this management team seems like it really wants to lower the crowds and excitement at our club. Let's have this great team so everyone buys a season ticket then lower the budget and swap some riders around...pretty awful.

• Like 1

When the weatherman said on TV this morning that Summers coming, little did we know it was a hint to Peterborough signing a rider. 

Media Genius Or What!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So what's happened to Gomolski?  It was supposedly a done deal on Wednesday.   Could he not get a mechanic?

At this rate they'll be having a twitter vote to decide who goes in the team, never mind heat 14

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

So what's happened to Gomolski?  It was supposedly a done deal on Wednesday.   Could he not get a mechanic?

At this rate they'll be having a twitter vote to decide who goes in the team, never mind heat 14

Maybe Gomolski remembers being left in the $~it by Buster last season (or was it the season before?)

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 6:43 PM, Pinny said:

More fool them if they are ordered to wear your work gear if their not on your books full time. 

I have spent the last fifteen years as a subcontractor and a full time employee and not once got forced to wear a companys logo whilst subbying into them. 

Maybe different up North or times in the UK have changed now as I left five years ago of course. But if a company isnt willing to take you on the books full time, then its extremely rare to be asked to wear their hard hats/jackets/body warmers etc . 

Honestly

I think I am going to regret this however here goes,

Working in London in the late 90's early 2000's all of the large sites had sub contractors branded up with the main contractors logo's on; we even threw a Scaffolding Contractor off site for displaying a company board off the scaffold he had just erected, the contracts these smaller companies signed up to (and individual tradesmen for that matter) stated they had to use the branded kit as provided by the main contractor and were not allowed to advertise on the main contractors site; so its not something that just happened recently "Up North" its all about brand and image which professional businesses know all about.

It just takes one turd in a swimming pool to collapse that reputation built up over years of use,

So I would suggest it is how professional the company you are working for are; and who pays your wages; who dictate the terms of reference; and when working on high profile MOD. NHS. Banking and other big Corporation and Corporate sites you want your workforce smart and tidy and looking the part (Professional).

However if you are plastering Mrs Miggins extension put up by the local builder from the dreaded white van brigade not caring if the backside is hanging out from the back of the trousers he is wearing covered head to toe in white spots from the silicone they have been using well so be it; but again that wouldn't be on one of my jobs and because we pay top rates and pay on time I get no complaints whatsoever from any subbie we use be that an individual or a company; and if they didn't like it well they can go elsewhere and when the work has dried up because they couldn't follow the rules well more fools them.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, Steve0 said:

Not exactly comparing apples with apples there - unless your business is entertainment/sport

Just an addition to this Ronaldo doesn't turn up on the pitch wearing his own shirt does he, once off the pitch he dons his baseball cap and £100k sunglasses as endorsements but he wears the club colours on the pitch, same as Lewis Hamilton; company colour's and logos when racing but off the track he touts what he can; and I appreciate these guy get millions in salary however their are Macintosh Reds and Crab Apples (Nearly said Cookers there but held back) They sign contracts and adhere to them that's the nature of the business your employer tells you in the contract what he expects and if you cant adhere to that you walk (possibly thinking you are taking the moral high ground or making a statement!!! But really?)

8 hours ago, maneacat said:

Don’t believe for one minute it’s all/just about sponsors logos.  More to this than we are being told AS PER USUAL!   

You are spot on with this; after all Craig wasn't told he couldn't have his sponsors on his Kevlar's and kit (he has stated as much in his press release) he stated his issue was where they had to go and the style and format that they had to be in; which to be fair isn't that unreasonable a request from the P/Boro promotion who are after all his employer and the provider of his race suit.

However I have been informed that the main issue as to why the spat occurred; was as ever; over money; and to be fair an issue Craig has previous form on. Bottom line was a deal had been done with an outgoing promoter that was contrary to the instructions they had received from the club owner, (look no further than the Bomber fiasco a couple of months previous) but you are right you will never be told the real reason.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Colin really seems like a Pratt.."it wasn't us it was them"... really???...this management team seems like it really wants to lower the crowds and excitement at our club. Let's have this great team so everyone buys a season ticket then lower the budget and swap some riders around...pretty awful.

That's right blame Ged now he's gone no wonder he pulled out when he did can't say as I would blame him for that he could see what was coming. Now the puppets have got to paper over the cracks by announcing a rider who has never really pulled any trees in the top league, good at championship level but a replacement for Craig  Cook in the premier league is a joke I feel sorry for all those that were conned  enough to buy a season ticket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:

Anybody know what Summers ave will be? Btw what an awful stop gap signing

4.58 for Somerset in 2018.

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

4.58 for Somerset in 2018.

Wont that make Boro about 3 points under the limit :o

Sundstrom, Iversen, Jepsen Jensen or Buczkowski. As much as I like Gomolski, he is not a heat-leader.

I will not be attending a single match this season. Buster can bugger off.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wont that make Boro about 3 points under the limit :o

It's all gone Pete Tong before a wheel has been turned, makes you wonder who will get the chop next  :o