British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, jimg said:

Yes a lot that cares and looking forward to the season ,if you don`t care , don`t keep putting negative comments here , all clubs have problems some worse than ours , we are in top league with a good side, new grippy track lets enjoy it

jimg 

Just who are you to tell me what I can  and can't say, if I am not happy about something I will say so, sorry if you don't like my comments .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Just who are you to tell me what I can  and can't say, if I am not happy about something I will say so, sorry if you don't like my comments .

I am not telling you what to say ,you said I believe, you were not going to bother coming a little while ago,or something like that so why bother ?

jimg 

2 hours ago, jimg said:

I am not telling you what to say ,you said I believe, you were not going to bother coming a little while ago,or something like that so why bother ?

jimg 

I am not answerable to you , but as a previous loyal supporter I am still entitled to have my say and you are correct I will not be attending . I am in total shock at what has gone on with the club since the new year, you must be one of a few that are happy with it . Me I am far from happy with it and I will have my say and if that upsets you tough.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Pinny said:

Companies I have worked for over here in Aus have been extremely professional yet dont insist on you wearing their gear. Im working for a company who has 1000 plus boys on the books full time from shuttering carpenters to post tension fitters to steelies , thats without subbies. Only a handful on each job will have our firms jumpers on etc. they dont give a toss what gear you wear as long as it meets PPE criteria. And we are talking multi million dollar buisnesses here , not the type of firm to sling up an extension. 

I always find the firms who are insisting you wear their hard hats, hoodies, vests, jumpers etc are the smaller ones trying to make a name for themselves . 

But hey ho, I must be seeing things on a day to day basis.

Yep and when I was working on the Gold Coast in Coolangatta in 1991 for the local authority they give me a pair of brown chucka boots, chocolate brown shorts and a leather hat with corks on to wear as part of the uniform and I told them to poke it and what do you know I was shown the door...

I thought I was harshly done to at the time for not wanting to wear a poxy uniform but now with age see the error of my ways but don't quote Oz as I never saw anything done professional over there all the time I was in the dump but it may have changed since I last worked there

Finally all of the companies I have worked for have operated professionally from building most of Canary Wharf, Old Trafford and the Metro Centre and all of those Main Contactors insisted on corporate branding and not one could be considered as small... I have never worked for your one man band builder's...

Regards 

THJ 

How much longer is all this chuntering going to go on for, getting very boring....... Bit like BREXIT.

Well done to our new signing Aaron Summers tonight.  :t:    Looking forward to seeing the 7 bearded wonders on Monday.

• Like 1

Whether by omission or commission Panthers fans have been shafted . Last Fridays eulogising over the new management team is now looking misplaced  to say the least 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep and when I was working on the Gold Coast in Coolangatta in 1991 for the local authority they give me a pair of brown chucka boots, chocolate brown shorts and a leather hat with corks on to wear as part of the uniform and I told them to poke it and what do you know I was shown the door...

I thought I was harshly done to at the time for not wanting to wear a poxy uniform but now with age see the error of my ways but don't quote Oz as I never saw anything done professional over there all the time I was in the dump but it may have changed since I last worked there

Finally all of the companies I have worked for have operated professionally from building most of Canary Wharf, Old Trafford and the Metro Centre and all of those Main Contactors insisted on corporate branding and not one could be considered as small... I have never worked for your one man band builder's...

Regards 

THJ 

Same problem as speedway, living in the past nearly 30 years ago. 

Also may explain why most of the decent chippys from Queensland are down here in Melbourne where construction is booming and Victoria pays the most .

I am only going on my experiences and that includes the UK, New Zealand and Australia and never have I once been instructed to wear a companies clothing. 

Or it could be the fact supplying 1000plus men with three-five shirts, hard hats, rain jackets and jumpers etc would cost an absolute fortune and its a pointless outlay of money, similar to Pooles outlook on a smaller scale, didnt do them any harm last season did it? 

I have seen nothing but professionalism over here in construction , the money is spot on, at least 30 high rise buildings going up around us in the city alone.

but you were here in 1991 so I take it you know more !

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

but you were here in 1991 so I take it you know more !

Only done 12 month and didn't like the place at all... never met a real Aussie it was all plastic ones from Glasgow Liverpool Manchester and London etc who done down the UK at every opportunity... and as soon as three of them got together they were trying to form a trade union... it was mainly infrastructure I was on over there a big highway project and shopping malls funnily enough on the M&E side.... and all the gear you are on about gets covered in the prelims but we are at different ends of the spectrum in the works process I would suggest...

Regards 

THJ 

IMHO, Companies who sponsor a club should have their Logo around the track and other viewable places where Jo public will see the companies name, brand etc.

Companies that sponsor riders should get their logos etc on the rider and or macinenary they sponsor. end of.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 3/30/2019 at 10:01 AM, Trees said:

Why did Ged bail out? 

Sounded as though it was not Ged bailing out, more a case of being shown the exit door and being given a push to ensure he went through it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

Kevin Doolan beat him :rofl:

Not quite sure what the point is meant to be here, actually Aaron looked very impressive last night and will do his very best for Peterborough, remember he`s only there short term so those who aren`t happy with him in the team wont have to be un-happy for long.

• Like 1

Watching Polish speedway, i dont understand polish but when Gomolski won his 1st race they said something about Peterborough Panthers...

Edited by cambpanther