British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Riding well today... not just gating but good passing too and looks quick 

If hes signed he'll be ok on the bigger tracks, only really wolves in premiership now with a small trick track

9 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

If hes signed he'll be ok on the bigger tracks, only really wolves in premiership now with a small trick track

Ipswich? 

Just been involved in a crash... up now and walking back to pits. 

Don't think much of his brand new suit... couple of holes in it now where he slid along the ground. 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

With Nicholls only doing a short stint at wolves,, could he possibly be the one to take over from Summers? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Sounded as though it was not Ged bailing out, more a case of being shown the exit door and being given a push to ensure he went through it. 

It was his decision to sell the club and his alone, he cited the travelling as his biggest reason.

Bearing in mind their recent history It surely came as no surprise to anyone that he and Watson would be leaving once all the loose ends were tied up and the club officially in Keith Chapmans control.

• Like 1

With our first fixture tomorrow I have never had so little trust in management than I do now

• Like 1

What the true situation  may be persons outside the inner sanctum  do not know. I do know however that Ged told me he regretted selling the club and that Neil Watson told me that he and Ged  had intended to stay .

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

What the true situation  may be persons outside the inner sanctum  do not know. I do know however that Ged told me he regretted selling the club and that Neil Watson told me that he and Ged  had intended to stay .

You are right we will never know the full story ,  but it would make interesting reading to hear Ged's side of things . Personally I have absolutely no faith in Buster Chapman what so ever I don't trust him and that is why I have totally withdrawn my support. It's not the lies it's the truth that is not being told that bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

The true situation is that normally at this time of year this thread (or indeed the absent match thread, which no doubt Dick will now start after being alerted :D ) would be buzzing with expectation of fans, old (where have all the regular contributors gone :o - even Tel has lost interest so that's a concern, hope the old boy is still well!), and some new. What's been apparent to me is that following on from the positivity of Dec 20 when the Rathbone team was announced it has been an organisational shambles right up to P&P, which I heard was fairly well attended to be fair. I'll be there tonight but can't say that I'm looking forward to it but that's more to do with the state of the sport generally in the country rather than our own internal problems at the EoES.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I hope GED isn’t lost to the sport as it needs people like him.

Maybe Workington might attract him.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Crump99 said:

The true situation is that normally at this time of year this thread (or indeed the absent match thread, which no doubt Dick will now start after being alerted :D ) would be buzzing with expectation of fans, old (where have all the regular contributors gone :o - even Tel has lost interest so that's a concern, hope the old boy is still well!), and some new. What's been apparent to me is that following on from the positivity of Dec 20 when the Rathbone team was announced it has been an organisational shambles right up to P&P, which I heard was fairly well attended to be fair. I'll be there tonight but can't say that I'm looking forward to it but that's more to do with the state of the sport generally in the country rather than our own internal problems at the EoES.

You are absolutely right - since December 20th it has been a shambles and one disappointment after another.   Can’t make tonight but expect to be able to next week. 

9 hours ago, ouch said:

Typical buster gate & go track tonight. Shame. 

Did you expect anything else from the man who is determined to destroy UK speedway and throw away his own fortune ( or is it someone else's? ).He has reduced the entertainment value in the racing at Saddlebow Rd and now has the power to do so at two other tracks. 

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably more to do with the quality of the opposition than the track. 

I would also argue that early season meetings rarely produce the best racing. Plus if you have two riders from one side on another planet to the rest it doesn’t help. 

Its sensible to give it a few meetings before passing too much judgement however some people seem to be salivating at their keyboard waiting for the first opportunity to stick the boot in to make themselves feel better. Each to their own. 

• Like 6