British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

10 hours ago, ouch said:

Typical buster gate & go track tonight. Shame. 

Didn't think there was anything wrong with track oppo just to good and I didn't get the impression listening to interviews that any heat leader is coming anytime soon .hope I'm wrong

• Sad 1

Bjerre will be one of the top dogs in this awfully weak top flight , without a doubt. Its only really Doyle who I can see topping him in the final averages. 

• Like 1

There are no heat leaders out there who are prepared to ride in the U.K. for the money on offer.  

All this nonsense about wanting fixed race nights so they could return here is rubbish. Simple facts are if you matched or bettered the money offered in Sweden or Poland they would be queued up to return.  And those days are long gone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Surely the main purpose of fixed RACE nights is to avoid doubling up fixture clashes? 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely the main purpose of fixed rave nights is to avoid doubling up fixture clashes? 

Can't beat a good rave.

• Haha 2

We need a Number 1 desperately..that was clear last night. Sort it out Buster.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely the main purpose of fixed rave nights is to avoid doubling up fixture clashes? 

correct !!

I don't think Peterborough had a number 1 before the changes either. I was banging the drum and banging the drum. It was an old team.

It's got worse now and unless you can find a way to move Lasse back to reserve, probably keep summers and bin Barker, and actually go get a number 1 then you will be fighting Ipswich for the spoon.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

I don't think Peterborough had a number 1 before the changes either. I was banging the drum and banging the drum. It was an old team.

It's got worse now and unless you can find a way to move Lasse back to reserve, probably keep summers and bin Barker, and actually go get a number 1 then you will be fighting Ipswich for the spoon.

And your still banging it, do us a favour and go and bang it somewhere else your boring.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

There are no heat leaders out there who are prepared to ride in the U.K. for the money on offer.  

All this nonsense about wanting fixed race nights so they could return here is rubbish. Simple facts are if you matched or bettered the money offered in Sweden or Poland they would be queued up to return.  And those days are long gone. 

I think Peterborough are probably holding off to see what happens with Scott Nicholls, if he is replaced by Jacob when he is fit then Scott will be available. If not then Jacob will be available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think Peterborough are probably holding off to see what happens with Scott Nicholls, if he is replaced by Jacob when he is fit then Scott will be available. If not then Jacob will be available.

Unfortunately, neither of those are number 1's although both are clearly better than Summers or Barker. Cook could be a genuine number 1. He had problems last season but I think he could add at least half a point and maybe a full point to average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely the main purpose of fixed RACE nights is to avoid doubling up fixture clashes? 

It is/was to eliminate doubling up in our leagues but we now have Sweden, main race night Tuesday, racing on Thursdays & in Poland(even last year), main race day Sunday, racing on Fridays & Saturdays.

We know where the riders will be, where the money is!

I'd like to see NKI..he lives in Peterborough anyway so a no brainer.

Edited by Lukas

32 minutes ago, Lukas said:

I'd like to see NKI..he lives in Peterborough anyway so a no brainer.

HE DOESN'T want to ride in England !!!

All Chapman has really done is just move his main problem with the heat leader issue from Ipswich to  Peterborough, you dont solve a problem by moving it elsewhere.

NKI would of been ldeal but unlike those who need to shout, its looking like hes not willing to ride in the UK along with other similar options.

He cant go back to Cook as he would then just want the sponsors issue all in his favour and want the increased money he would hold all the cards in any talks.

Edited by scoobydoo