British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

8 hours ago, Lukas said:

Tungate got Panthers out of jail with a hard move on schlein on last bend..but this team is not good enough and then we hear Johnson on the tannoy saying how all these boys deserve their place against Poole..wake up..they will smash us.

I said after 1st meeting I hadn't heard anything to convince me they had a rider in the bag for a replacement and I still haven't. we'll see  

8 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Same problem as the last few years. Struggles too often from the gate, over 30 yards and gets beat up on the first turn. Time waits for nobody and this isn't the barnstorming Andersen that Panthers once knew. He may have been testing equipment or something and there could be improvement in there somewhere from tonight but the decline is only going one way IMO.

Big mistake not replacing  Hans in ht 13 with Barker or Summers

jimg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ouch said:

As we know from past history Hans is a rider who’s performance matches his pay scale. Nice logos though. 

What you say might be valid and more of a case these days especially but we have to factor in the highlighted bit in terms of stage of his career. Whichever it is, it's not good for club business and needs sorting unless it improves very quickly; and that starts in the Premiership on Monday!

3 hours ago, jimg said:

Big mistake not replacing  Hans in ht 13 with Barker or Summers

jimg

I mentioned this on the Meeting thread, its either poor management or Hans must have a contract that says he must ride in all 4 heats.

At least the Easter Monday start time has been changed to avoid the footie clash!

• Like 3

My information is the track grading at the interval changed the circuit considerably to the detriment of the home side.

I am sure that Hans has nothing in his contract to state he has to have 4 rides,  it’s worth remembering that he was well out of pocket last night as he earned nothing from last night and still had expenses to pay out.

i am confident Hans will sort it, rather like Bjerre and Barker did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

My information is the track grading at the interval changed the circuit considerably to the detriment of the home side.

I am sure that Hans has nothing in his contract to state he has to have 4 rides,  it’s worth remembering that he was well out of pocket last night as he earned nothing from last night and still had expenses to pay out.

i am confident Hans will sort it, rather like Bjerre and Barker did.

Whilst normally very well informed on many matters if you expect everyone to believe that Hans turns up on solely a paid per point basis you are barmy. Of course he had expenses to pay out but like any sane rider of a much lower level will be turning up with a pay guarantee as a minimum despite not scoring a point. 

40 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst normally very well informed on many matters if you expect everyone to believe that Hans turns up on solely a paid per point basis you are barmy. Of course he had expenses to pay out but like any sane rider of a much lower level will be turning up with a pay guarantee as a minimum despite not scoring a point. 

Believe it. I wrote his contract. It is extremely rare for a rider to have a minimum guarantee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It appears I am not barmy after all.

• Like 2

No guarantee per meet but maybe a decent amount up front as a signing on fee ?

21 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It appears I am not barmy after all.

You have my apology and your well informed strike rate continues

12 minutes ago, semion said:

No guarantee per meet but maybe a decent amount up front as a signing on fee ?

Nope and in 2019 that is also a rarity.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

Nope and in 2019 that is also a rarity.

So with no minimum guaranteed earnings a night & no signing fee's, restrictions on sponsor logo colours, requirements to arrive with 2 good spec bike  the clubs are holding the cards. Obviously Kevlars & covers are club funded, vans likely supplied but otherwise the riders have to rely on a substantial per point rate to make it worthwhile.

41 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

Believe it. I wrote his contract. It is extremely rare for a rider to have a minimum guarantee.

Hi Mick  only stated this , never seen Hans have 3 rides like he had , trying like mad ,but no speed , and heat 13 was so important with 14 and 15 they had Schlein,  Scotty, Masters and Howarth ,  in the mix , and our reserves had to take on their top scorers in 14  etc but thanks to Tungate `s brillianf ride we won,  Hans  has always been one of  My wife and I  favourite riders  and feel sure as you say will sort it out soon.

ps ,Nice to hear you are still about.

jimg   

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

So with no minimum guaranteed earnings a night & no signing fee's, restrictions on sponsor logo colours, requirements to arrive with 2 good spec bike  the clubs are holding the cards. Obviously Kevlars & covers are club funded, vans likely supplied but otherwise the riders have to rely on a substantial per point rate to make it worthwhile.

Surely it is right that the club holds the cards, they are after all the employers? Club supplies Kevlars and covers. Hans’ van is not supplied by the club, it is provided by a sponsor who sponsored the club when I was involved. Points money hasn’t really changed in 15 years, but crucially the cost of flights is lower than 15 years ago.

With regards colours of sponsors logos, it’s nothing new we did it in 2006, white on a red background stands out much better than any other colour, surely the aim is to get sponsors logos to be seen, having them white achieves this better than any other colour. I don’t see the issue.

Edited by Mick Bratley
  • Like 5