British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes, not in the original team but forced to ride as a number 8!!

You’ll see jack riding no.8 all season I’d expect unless for injuries.

It’s quite farcical as I understand it - can only have 3 foreign riders from your squad declared in the 1-7 for any given match but can have a 4th foreigner as no.8 - so Toruń use Doyle, c.holder and iversen, they then declare a junior polish squad member in the team at say no.4 but don’t have to ensure he has 3 rides or anything so then just put jack in wherever they feel like! I think they can even declare a polish rider in the team as r/r and then have foreigner at no.8! Seems barmy to me! Yet polish league is supposedly the promised land!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The thing is under Ged you always felt he had one eye on strengthening up whenever possible and he was never afraid to make changes. Under Buster? Who knows!

I think we know that the initial signs of a similar policy are not overly positive.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

So Panthers failed to sign Kennett and Gomolski to replace Cook 

Good as neither are of the standard required to do that - Buster totally messed up our team that looked so promising in the winter so he will have to be prepared to take the financial hit for his decisions when things go pear-shaped.     As my parents always taught me - to every action there are consequences!   :angry:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Strikes me as if they're waiting for team changes elsewhere.  Most likely Nicholls or Thorsell.  

Not sure Panthers can afford Nicholls as Ipswich said they wouldn't have insulted him with the offer they could have made to him . Expect Panthers to finish with the wooden spoon this season as they are not going to be able to get a suitable replacement for Cook and will settle for whatever they can sign on the cheap. At least they will get one trophy under the helm of (Buster) Chapman .

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Summers staying permanently now 

Signed on a 10 year contract (allegedly);)

does that mean they ran out of riders to try to sign?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, stevehone said:

does that mean they ran out of riders to try to sign?

Wasnt anyone available that could be guaranteed to do a better job than summers who has been excellent since joining. 

Not the ideal choice but Summers has done everything and more that could reasonably have been expected of him

• Like 1

Pleased for Aaron has looked really sharp this season for Berwick as well.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:01 AM, scoobydoo said:

Setting there sights high then ,  looking like what they have now will be the team for weeks to come.

Just knew this was coming,  after two 46-44 wins with last heat deciders they think this is now a winning team and people will keep coming though the gates week in week out,  its now the cheapest team in the league and that must suit Buster down to the ground. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What happened to the contract that got sent in the post ??? Must have sent it via pigeon 

Be patient Jason :D

Related image

• Haha 2

On 4/15/2019 at 2:00 PM, New era Panthers said:

Not sure Panthers can afford Nicholls as Ipswich said they wouldn't have insulted him with the offer they could have made to him . Expect Panthers to finish with the wooden spoon this season as they are not going to be able to get a suitable replacement for Cook and will settle for whatever they can sign on the cheap. At least they will get one trophy under the helm of (Buster) Chapman .

We afforded him last year