British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Stopped looking for anyone now altogether or

Signed Summers to stop anyone else snapping him up whilst still keeping an eye out or

Waiting for someone like Nicholls and then release Barker

Edited by scoobydoo

19 hours ago, Noodles said:

Only three home matches gone & we're out the cup & giving up on the league.

Credit where credit is due, Buster has got some things right; the track is superb, meetings are  run through quickly, the programme is quality & social media is much improved.  However fans are fickle & this team is simply not good enough to challenge for honours and demand £18 admission fee.  

When is Colin Pratt going to stand up, & take some responsibility? Reading his programme notes all he does is blame everything on the previous management.

Rather interesting strategy if true given that his fellow co-promoter was an apparent significant part of that previous management team :blink:

• Like 1

Yes the track is smooth and fast but the racing is not better, It's gate and go so far.

I am shocked that they are settling for a team 3 points under the limit and to me it shows a lack of ambition and is not fair on the season ticket holders who bought in thinking we had a title winning team but unfortunately now we haven't.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Yes the track is smooth and fast but the racing is not better, It's gate and go so far.

I am shocked that they are settling for a team 3 points under the limit and to me it shows a lack of ambition and is not fair on the season ticket holders who bought in thinking we had a title winning team but unfortunately now we haven't.

Titles are not won in April. Colin Pratt is a shrewd guy, no point rushing to sign someone who you probably don't really want at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

The riders are saying the grip is the same all over, therefore the shortest way is the quickest.

Correct

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

A bit more shale, are you serious.

Its had over 150 ton of shale and clay put on it this year alone, that’s why every time was under 60 seconds Monday and the track record has gone twice this year.

Faster doesn’t mean better though. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Back to Jason Gage scalextric man racing

Wow that’s a name from the past :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Never said it did, I was responding to the poster who wanted more shale on the track.

2 hours ago, Lukas said:

Not sure I agree that it’s gate and go. It does seem more difficult to get an outside pass done but heat 8 against wolves was one of the finest I’ve seen at the showground with passing inside and out , and there has been plenty of overtaking in the 3 meetings so far. It may be riding slightly differently so the big blast round the fence isnt as effective at the minute but the riders may just be having to think out their overtakes a bit more. Certainly Tungate hasn’t had a problem overtaking which is a good thing considering how poor his gating has been. 

Troy Batchelor has his sponsor Roger Warnes Transport on his red kevlars in colour with a white shadow around, makes your blood boil at the ridiculous stand off stance between Chapman and Cook. 

Away from home i fear we'll struggle at home we should be ok

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Troy Batchelor has his sponsor Roger Warnes Transport on his red kevlars in colour with a white shadow around, makes your blood boil at the ridiculous stand off stance between Chapman and Cook. 

Firstly, Troy doesn't ride for Buster, so I don't see what that has to do with it. Secondly any employee who wants to dictate terms to their employer better be pretty sure they are irreplaceable before they do so. and cut their nose off to spite their face. This whole thing is about who thinks they have the power. I'm no fan of a lot of what Buster does, but I would not employ someone and then have them tell me what they are going to do and how they are going to do it and that I should be grateful for it.

If Cook is such a messiah, why did Belle Vue decline to use him. 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, Ben91 said:

True but I prefer fast with extra bite and the potential to improve further on that. That's what Chapman has bought to the EoES in 2019 so I'll settle for that at the moment.

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Firstly, Troy doesn't ride for Buster, so I don't see what that has to do with it. Secondly any employee who wants to dictate terms to their employer better be pretty sure they are irreplaceable before they do so. and cut their nose off to spite their face. This whole thing is about who thinks they have the power. I'm no fan of a lot of what Buster does, but I would not employ someone and then have them tell me what they are going to do and how they are going to do it and that I should be grateful for it.

If Cook is such a messiah, why did Belle Vue decline to use him. 

They had to lose about 2.5 points from last year's team. Fricke, Bewley and Worrall are assets and Bjerre is likely to do at least as well as Craig but on a lower starting average. 

Keeping Craig would have meant no Bjerre and weaker second string/reserves.

Edited by Aces51