British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

43 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Lasse just seems to have bike trouble all the time and Barker is looking slow.  They are the 2 biggest problems.

Bjerre has been around far too long to be having all these bike issues. They only stem from penny pinching or poor preparation, neither are acceptable at the top level of UK speedway, same applies to Barker too (although that never seems to change).

Bjerre and his team mates have to cut their cloth to suit their purse. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Bjerre and his team mates have to cut their cloth to suit their purse. 

Plenty of his team mates are managing just fine along with others from the group. Will find himself with much less in his purse if he gets dropped from both team places. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Plenty of his team mates are managing just fine along with others from the group. Will find himself with much less in his purse if he gets dropped from both team places. 

Agreed but in any case reliability of the bike is not a financial issue at all.

31 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Nichols for Bjerre or Barker & we might have a chance.

Good move. Would put BWD or Wright at reserve. Strengthen main body and the reserves.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Think reality will really hit Johnson as to how bad panthers are in the next  10 days 

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 3

Just now, Crumpet77 said:

Can't happen when the new averages come into effect on May 1st.

It can’t happen at the moment anyway Nicholls is in the Wolves team.

Nicholls won't happen now but I would have thought what panthers have is not acceptable .if as been posted on here that even Kennett turned panthers down. Is that how low they've come in pecking order. I keep hearing about  getting right set ups and getting all 7 going at same time but as I've said I wouldn't bet any panthers rider to win a heat .when lynn have a rider who's struggling to score pts and scores a shed full it tells you how bad panthers are .if management can't see the wood between the trees it will start becoming a costly exercise if they lose next 3 matches as I expect

• Like 2

Wont Wolves need to replace Nicholls with Thorsell before May 1st also meaning he becomes available before then,  Thorsell is im sure i read ready to return. 

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wont Wolves need to replace Nicholls with Thorsell before May 1st also meaning he becomes available before then,  Thorsell is im sure i read ready to return. 

Won't they keep Nicholls to cover Morris

Reading the Wolves 2019 thread it seems not, cant see them not bringing Thorssell back into the team,  reading between the lines of what Johnson has been saying they wont be bringing anyone in and just run with the under the limit seven riders, so expect some thrashings 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it all looked so promising in January ....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

reading between the lines of what Johnson has been saying they wont be bringing anyone in and just run with the under the limit seven riders, so expect some thrashings 

As of 1st May the current 1-7 will be just 0.07 under the points limit - http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/premiershipteamissues19

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

As of 1st May the current 1-7 will be just 0.07 under the points limit - http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/premiershipteamissues19

What a massive opportunity missed.

Expect the management to begin the "Peterborough needs to show it wants Speedway" after a couple of poor defeats.

An absolute joke.

We could have competed for the title. Instead, we're left with a poor side.

• Like 3