British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

17 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a massive opportunity missed.

Expect the management to begin the "Peterborough needs to show it wants Speedway" after a couple of poor defeats.

An absolute joke.

We could have competed for the title. Instead, we're left with a poor side.

You have hit the nail right on the head here 

Wait for the expected theres no one out there willing to ride but everyone really knows why.

Didnt Peterborough finish bottom in the ill fated David Hawkins financial disaster of a season in 1991,  can see them bottom again year at least this management will also be remembered for something in Panthers history .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

it all looked so promising in January ....

Thought that was Dec 20th.

52 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a massive opportunity missed.

Expect the management to begin the "Peterborough needs to show it wants Speedway" after a couple of poor defeats.

An absolute joke.

We could have competed for the title. Instead, we're left with a poor side.

Highly unlikely. Johnson has been around long enough to know the consequences of a team that struggles to win races and meetings at the EoES. That's usually sold as trying to return to form after another away embarrassment. Problem being that virtually anyone should be able to overturn the current Panthers septet so a return to form on home shale is unlikely and a different strategy is needed.

If the meeting are top draw regardless of the result wouldn't that be good enough to keep people turning up, at least for this seasons return to the top flight. 

Most certainly, 2020 is a different matter all together, a lineup like this one wouldn't be acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

If the meeting are top draw regardless of the result wouldn't that be good enough to keep people turning up, at least for this seasons return to the top flight. 

Most certainly, 2020 is a different matter all together, a lineup like this one wouldn't be acceptable. 

The current team is not acceptable and is heading for the wooden spoon , its nice to know that Panthers are just cannon fodder for rest of the season and just in the premier league to make the numbers up , what happened to ambition .

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

It seems to have left the club along with Ged and Neil who put together a cracking team.

It was  o/k till Chapman got his maulers on it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Noodles said:

Won't they keep Nicholls to cover Morris

I’m not sure what’s Wolves promotion are planning and maybe things will become clearer after Monday night.

Thorssell appears to be ready to come back and Wolves would be foolish to lose his starting average points which they will after 1st May if they redeclare with Nicholls. That would be really silly move. 

The issue appears around Morris as to what’s happening with his injury and how much longer he has.

Nicholls could technically be a short term replacement for Morris, although I’m not sure what his current CMA will be but he may now be over the 6.60 of Morris.

My take is that Thorssell will be back after Monday, RR continues for Nick with Nicholls released and signs for Peterborough.

If I’m right, you heard it here first! ;)B)

Time will tell I guess.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m not sure what’s Wolves promotion are planning and maybe things will become clearer after Monday night.

Thorssell appears to be ready to come back and Wolves would be foolish to lose his starting average points which they will after 1st May if they redeclare with Nicholls. That would be really silly move. 

The issue appears around Morris as to what’s happening with his injury and how much longer he has.

Nicholls could technically be a short term replacement for Morris, although I’m not sure what his current CMA will be but he may now be over the 6.60 of Morris.

My take is that Thorssell will be back after Monday, RR continues for Nick with Nicholls released and signs for Peterborough.

If I’m right, you heard it here first! ;)B)

Time will tell I guess.

Who will Nicholls replace at Peterborough then?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lol. The wheels have just come off Brum’s insight.  :)

It is possible that revised team declarations have been submitted that have not yet been issued by the BSPA, to take effect prior to 1st May. 

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

It is possible that revised team declarations have been submitted that have not yet been issued by the BSPA, to take effect prior to 1st May. 

So there's hope? Thank god for that.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

They have 3 extra points to play with till 1st May. Who isn’t to say these deals aren’t already done?

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Lol. The wheels have just come off Brum’s insight.  :)

Clueless post alert. You just need to know the difference between 1st May and before it. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by stevebrum
Added word.
  • Like 1

Thorssell to Panthers maybe he did sign a couple of years ago after all and then had it pulled 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The meetings are not top drawer though so no it will not. For me personally it's better than where we were but we're just back where the club should be so that was the easy bit; hans fan summed it up nicely on the previous page. 2020 looks a bloody long way away with that side and the possible consequences.

• Like 1

If I have read it right, Lasse Bjerre's average goes up from 4.72 to 6.14, effective from 1st May ? :blink: