British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If I have read it right, Lasse Bjerre's average goes up from 4.72 to 6.14, effective from 1st May ? :blink:

It certainly does.I find the averages quite strange in a way a rider gets a new average and then it takes effect a week or so later.To me it should start as soon as he attains a new average.Like in this instance Peterborough can now sign Thorssell for Barker before May 1st but after they can only sign Thorssell in place of Tungate or Andersen unless multiple changes are made.

So Peterborough need to make the signing before May 1st whilst 3pts under the limit,then come 1st May and they will be 1.5pts over the limit:blink:

• Like 1

Under Ged you just knew he’d take full advantage of being 3 points under the limit and strengthen before the averages changed. 

Buster? Could end up eating humble pie, but I highly doubt it’s even being looked in to. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If I have read it right, Lasse Bjerre's average goes up from 4.72 to 6.14, effective from 1st May ? :blink:

Think this is the average times his bike packs up per lap per meeting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It certainly does.I find the averages quite strange in a way a rider gets a new average and then it takes effect a week or so later.To me it should start as soon as he attains a new average.Like in this instance Peterborough can now sign Thorssell for Barker before May 1st but after they can only sign Thorssell in place of Tungate or Andersen unless multiple changes are made.

So Peterborough need to make the signing before May 1st whilst 3pts under the limit,then come 1st May and they will be 1.5pts over the limit:blink:

There has to be a delay in implementing new averages to allow for teams to be declared for meetings, guests booked, programmes printed etc. A new team line-up needs to be at the BSPA for approval 72 hours before becoming valid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I believe that Lasse was on a converted 2018 CL average as he didn't ride in the Premiership last year.

However... His 2017 Leicester stats (19 meetings for 6.10 average) ARE used in his 20 match Rolling average.

Please don't shoot the messenger as I didn't make the rules! ;)

33 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I believe that Lasse was on a converted 2018 CL average as he didn't ride in the Premiership last year.

However... His 2017 Leicester stats (19 meetings for 6.10 average) ARE used in his 20 match Rolling average.

That’s my understanding too Dave, and a similar situation applies to Ben Barker.

I think the reality of the last 6 months is that the previous promotion put together an exciting team, that would have ridden the old showground well and have been nailed on for the play offs and a good shot at success. However, they sold the club for reasons best known to themselves.

Buster comes in with a whole load of motives, and from that moment the Peterborough fans have been fed whatever information would keep them quiet and content for the longest time until the truth started to come out.

The Team started to get dismantled to fix other Suffolk based problems as the current owner is balancing 3 plates not one, and was further dismantled due to an employee thinking he was bigger than the employer. That was never going to work as both sides refused to compromise.

Then comes the track. Since press and practise the track was treated to at least 90 tonnes of (Busters finest) mix of clay and granite, which funnily enough is what is primarily on the Kings Lynn track. Shock horror the track now rides very much like Kings Lynn, sucking horsepower and remaining quite grippy all night and not developing an outside line so readily as the inside fails to slicken off as the meeting progresses. The strength of the original team with Wright BWD, Barker and Lasse was always the ability to ride the fence. That is no longer the quickest way round the showground. A forceful move up the inside or a cut back is now the overtake of choice.

The final slap in the face was last Monday. Buster apparently spent the day preparing the track for the local derby, and then spent the entire meeting in the pits as the Peterborough owner wearing his Kings Lynn jacket and when asked if he had a Peterborough one simply said, "No" "I'm Kings Lynn through and through"  Not sure what we were expecting, but I would have hoped he would either wear the colours of the home team when at home, or remain neutral. Oh hang on a minute, it's Buster

Scott Nicholls I would have thought is unlikely to come in. The wage offer won't have changed since the winter. The Riders have (probably) been working harder on getting a replacement rider in to use the extra 3 points more than the owner. There are very much two divisions in the Premiership I would suggest. Best of Busters clubs, and then the  real Premiership. I think the biggest problem buster has at the moment is that Ipswich have gone from looking dreadful before the start of the season, to a bit too good for Busters liking and might become a threat. So watch out witches fans, keep looking over your shoulder, you're doing a bit too well right now.

One Man is both saving and destroying speedway in equal measure right now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

There has to be a delay in implementing new averages to allow for teams to be declared for meetings, guests booked, programmes printed etc. A new team line-up needs to be at the BSPA for approval 72 hours before becoming valid.

So in truth you only really need 3 days for the averages to change.

3 minutes ago, wtf said:

Oh hang on a minute, it's Buster

Love his way of working or detest it. It's Buster. He will succeed in driving a number of speedway fans away from The Showground just as he has from Saddlebow Rd. 

3 minutes ago, wtf said:

One Man is both saving and destroying speedway in equal measure right now. 

And sadly I feel that he is completely unaware that that is the case. He can see only the "saving" aspect and is oblivious to the destroying part. But destroy it he will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Thanks Gambo. Seems harsh on the Panthers in their situation. Same for all I guess though :t:

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thanks Gambo. Seems harsh on the Panthers in their situation. Same for all I guess though :t:

Not sure it’s harsh, we (Ged and I ) used the situation to our advantage when building the original 1-7 - knowing that Ben and Lasse’s averages would increase on the first green sheets but allowing a strong top end.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Not sure it’s harsh, we (Ged and I ) used the situation to our advantage when building the original 1-7 - knowing that Ben and Lasse’s averages would increase on the first green sheets but allowing a strong top end.

Maybe harsh was not the right word Neil .Maybe a shame given what's happened to the Panthers team since the original 1-7 was declared. But I guess it's how you use the rules that matter most.:)

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe harsh was not the right word Neil .Maybe a shame given what's happened to the Panthers team since the original 1-7 was declared. But I guess it's how you use the rules that matter most.:)

And which is why many no doubt thought that bringing Neil on board was a smart move at the time and given what's happened since Dec 20 I think that our concerns are well founded.

Let's hope that Bratters confidence is backed up by the relevant action:

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, Mick Bratley said:

Titles are not won in April. Colin Pratt is a shrewd guy, no point rushing to sign someone who you probably don't really want at this point.

20 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

It seems to have left the club along with Ged and Neil who put together a cracking team.

....whilst crippling it financially?!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Then comes the track. Since press and practise the track was treated to at least 90 tonnes of (Busters finest) mix of clay and granite, which funnily enough is what is primarily on the Kings Lynn track. Shock horror the track now rides very much like Kings Lynn, sucking horsepower and remaining quite grippy all night and not developing an outside line so readily as the inside fails to slicken off as the meeting progresses. The strength of the original team with Wright BWD, Barker and Lasse was always the ability to ride the fence. That is no longer the quickest way round the showground. A forceful move up the inside or a cut back is now the overtake of choice.

Interesting observation. I've not been to 6 fingers since the Michael Jepsen Jensen win of April 2012 and I've no desire to return. If the EoES doesn't develop from it's gate and go appearance to the addition of the traditional outside runs as well then that's a bit of an issue. I think someone said on the mic last week that they were hopeful that things will improve: they need to. Looking at the club's twitter feed you'd think that it was so exciting that we were racing at Torun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1