British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

....whilst crippling it financially?!

Rathbone wasn't known for doing that so without the facts of the matter then who says that he did.

• Like 1

I was in the pits at the kings Lynn meeting last week and I was stood right next to buster when he called Robert Lambert over and asked him if the track is ok for him and should it be watered again etc. The track used to be prepped for the home side but buster clearly wanted it to benefits the kings Lynn team. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Najjer said:

you have to remember that there was a T Balfe sponsorship package in place while Ged and Neil were there, maybe this was to balance a few things

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m not sure what’s Wolves promotion are planning and maybe things will become clearer after Monday night.

Thorssell appears to be ready to come back and Wolves would be foolish to lose his starting average points which they will after 1st May if they redeclare with Nicholls. That would be really silly move. 

The issue appears around Morris as to what’s happening with his injury and how much longer he has.

Nicholls could technically be a short term replacement for Morris, although I’m not sure what his current CMA will be but he may now be over the 6.60 of Morris.

My take is that Thorssell will be back after Monday, RR continues for Nick with Nicholls released and signs for Peterborough.

If I’m right, you heard it here first! ;)B)

Time will tell I guess.

Nicholls will be 6.56 from May 1st so yes it is possible he could cover for Nick Morris

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Who will Nicholls replace at Peterborough then?

As Brum has said Nicholls could replace anyone prior to 1st May but after then it's only possible for him to replace Tungate or Hans which I can't see happening

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Looking at the club's twitter feed you'd think that it was so exciting that we were racing at Torun.

There was me thinking of going back to an EofES match after many years because it was so exciting and quite like Torun. You mean that it does not closely resemble the racing at Torun. Not more Fake News!

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

Mr Watson has already covered that in a previous post, when he stated the original team was well within the budget and very affordable.

Mr Cook could of been in the side, if he didn't think he was better than the other 20 :)

In speedway we use an system of rider averages to give a fairly good indication of how much better or worse a rider is when compared to others in the league. It also helps where they will ride in a team. 

Out of Busters stable of riders only one was better than Craig. Therefore he was better than the rest. This isn’t my opinion by the way, a computer would have come up with the same due to the logic used. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

In speedway we use an system of rider averages to give a fairly good indication of how much better or worse a rider is when compared to others in the league. It also helps where they will ride in a team. 

Out of Busters stable of riders only one was better than Craig. Therefore he was better than the rest. This isn’t my opinion by the way, a computer would have come up with the same due to the logic used. Hope this helps. 

When I said he thought he was better than the other 20, I didn't mean talent/average wise. As you know I was referring to the logos on his kevlars ;)

35 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Mr Cook could of been in the side, if he didn't think he was better than the other 20 :)

They could have also had Chris Harris as well if sticky fingers  Chapman had left well alone .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely not .......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

When I said he thought he was better than the other 20, I didn't mean talent/average wise. As you know I was referring to the logos on his kevlars ;)

Apart from Rentruck I agree, his logos are no better than anybody else’s. 

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Nicholls will be 6.56 from May 1st so yes it is possible he could cover for Nick Morris

Yes I saw that last night which is great news although I’m sure a decision is already made on what the management will be doing.