British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

There was me thinking of going back to an EofES match after many years because it was so exciting and quite like Torun. You mean that it does not closely resemble the racing at Torun. Not more Fake News!

No not fake, just the way that some people see it. I and others disagree. I also think the about complete entertainment package (think P Oakes coined that phrase) and it's someway short of Frost/Mahoney gold standard (although they never fixed the crap PA or stand lighting) but that was shattered overnight anyway when "please be upstanding" Horton got the gig straight afterwards. So without effective presentation, decent atmosphere and a team struggling to win a race then the last thing that it needs is a follow the leader track. However, it it still a great speedway venue and I wouldn't put anyone off a random attendance.

Edited by Crump99

4 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Taxi for Lasse or Barker IMO. 

Bjerre was reserve when signed so has an excuse.

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Ged in the pits with Panthers tonight?

I’m sure I saw that aswell

This team is not good enough..even Hans can't win a race..we've gone from potential title winners pre season to bottom of the league certaintys a couple of matches in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I was in the pits at the kings Lynn meeting last week and I was stood right next to buster when he called Robert Lambert over and asked him if the track is ok for him and should it be watered again etc. The track used to be prepped for the home side but buster clearly wanted it to benefits the kings Lynn team. 

Doesnt shock anyone really, its been generally said that he would ensure that Lynn get priority, what the hell he did at Ipswich the night Lynn got a real thumping no one will ever know but if he did something it sure didnt work. 

Takes you back to the Bob Dugard tractor grading of gates antics.

• Like 1

So Johnson coming out with the same old spiel can't get all 7 going.at once It's obvious why because there all in consistent that's why they have ther averages they have . the only rider what would have won races on a consistent basis was cook . Declaring 3pts under limit is insane 

• Like 3

Should have let Rob Lyons have the team not Chapman it's not always about money!!

Who’s Rob Lyons?

You remember Baggy the guy who had a lot of ‘Pride’ at Saddlebow ( without an ‘S’)

All this talk of Peterborough finishing bottom, well someone has to. Who better ? ( Ipswich maybe)

Strange how things work out.

Ipswich relegated Peterborough miss the play-offs ( well after tonight) Both Speedway Team’s beaten last night and all doom and gloom.

Whilst over here in the County of 6 fingers and Webbo Feet, we have beaten Swindon, have a future World Champion on our hands.  Oh let’s not forget Daniel Farke and his band of Yellows returning to the promised land.

All seems well with the World.;)

Indeed, although I hear last nights meeting at Lynn had two decent races out of fifteen. Not a good ratio once again. 

• Thanks 1

Poor Old Buster he is in the frame for all things wrong in the World .  I even have a feeling he could be ‘H’, Baggy :rofl:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

Ged in the pits with Panthers tonight?

Yes Ged and Lisa were both there

So Buster the bad man for buying your club and putting money in to it :rofl:

19 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I was in the pits at the kings Lynn meeting last week and I was stood right next to buster when he called Robert Lambert over and asked him if the track is ok for him and should it be watered again etc. The track used to be prepped for the home side but buster clearly wanted it to benefits the kings Lynn team. 

Aha! So however many clubs Buster get's to own he's " King;s Lynn through and through". So much for the local fans and their interest in their club. We can expect some changes to the KL team shortly then?  Perhaps being KL "through and through" does not extend to laying out any more money.