British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Surely Ged and Neil must have considered Buster to be a safe pair of hands otherwise why would they sell it to him, if as being suggested they were in a position  to continue ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, semion said:

Surely Ged and Neil must have considered Buster to be a safe pair of hands otherwise why would they sell it to him, if as being suggested they were in a position  to continue ?

I don't see anyone saying "Ged sold us down the river"  But if we believe what some are saying on here, he must of.. :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, semion said:

Chapman will never be accepted  at Peterborough  me personally I don't have to put up with the man and I certainly wont be attending while he handles the purse strings because that is my choice, good luck to the happy clappers if they wish to carry on handing over there money so Chapman  can keep his own version of the premier league alive.

It is my belief that Ged feels he was betrayed by  some previously close to him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Chapman will never be accepted  at Peterborough  me personally I don't have to put up with the man and I certainly wont be attending while he handles the purse strings because that is my choice, good luck to the happy clappers if they wish to carry on handing over there money so Chapman  can keep his own version of the premier league alive.

That's your choice. But just take a minute and put yourself as a Lynn fan ( I know, the thought will pass) trust me.

After 50 odd years Lynn nearly win the league last season, but for bad luck. Buster says he will go all out to win it in 2019..

He then saves the Prem by buying, well you know.

Look at the Lynn team.. And your miffed off!!! Lynn could of had a stonking team with the money Buster has spent trying to save things !!

You moan at your team.. The bloke is trying to run 3 clubs.. Cooke went, well cause he's better than everyone else, we know that. Not Busters fault. Harris might of been to balance it out, I don't know. Look at the Lynn team!! Is it better than the other 2?

I accept going by what Neil has said the team was not dear, I can't see it, but I accept what he says. 

Good job your not a Lynn fan.

• Haha 1

Buster needs to sort the track out, no excuse for wrecking one of the best racetracks in the country whatever you think of the team.

And I think over the season Tungate will prove to be better than Harris would have been. The Cook thing has been done to death. 

I don’t think Buster is the devil incarnate that some are making out but I fully understand why some P’boro fans won’t have him. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Buster needs to sort the track out, no excuse for wrecking one of the best racetracks in the country whatever you think of the team.

The track hasn’t been wrecked. The racing has still been of a decent quality and given time with the extra shale / work they are doing I’m sure it will be better than ever. I appreciate the team isnt the one we thought we had but we have a team to support at one of the best tracks in the country. All meetings so far have been entertaining with last heat deciders with crowds that appear better than last year on a race night that a lot of people thought would be terrible for the attendances. Overall Presentation has improved from running the meetings through quickly to the race suits / bike covers, Social media is far more active and we may be under strength but it is a team full of races who will entertain throughout the year. It’s not all doom and gloom ffs. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

And I think over the season Tungate will prove to be better than Harris would have been. The Cook thing has been done to death. 

I don’t think Buster is the devil incarnate that some are making out but I fully understand why some P’boro fans won’t have him. 

He's not "wrecked it" come on. You will never please them all.

Only speedway fans would moan that their club has gone up a division in the off season and had four last heat deciders in the first four meetings of the season.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Sully said:

The track hasn’t been wrecked. The racing has still been of a decent quality and given time with the extra shale / work they are doing I’m sure it will be better than ever. I appreciate the team isnt the one we thought we had but we have a team to support at one of the best tracks in the country. All meetings so far have been entertaining with last heat deciders with crowds that appear better than last year on a race night that a lot of people thought would be terrible for the attendances. Overall Presentation has improved from running the meetings through quickly to the race suits / bike covers, Social media is far more active and we may be under strength but it is a team full of races who will entertain throughout the year. It’s not all doom and gloom ffs. 

Totally agree & I'd add that the programme is much improved too.

I've enjoyed it so far this year & have surprisingly been impressed (apart from the current team of course).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Totally agree & I'd add that the programme is much improved too.

I've enjoyed it so far this year & have surprisingly been impressed (apart from the current team of course).

And no one is ever happy with the team.But are you happy with what Buster has done overall. It's only April :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Only speedway fans would moan that their club has gone up a division in the off season and had four last heat deciders in the first four meetings of the season.

And its only April:blink:

• Like 1

It is encouraging to read a bit of balance among Panthers fans. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

It is encouraging to read a bit of balance among Panthers fans. 

Of course it is. The few regulars have given it the big un..Don't need much brain to work out that all is not bad by the end of April, including the track!!!

• Haha 1

If we had gone out and replaced Cook properly i wouldn't have any complaints