British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think Buster is the devil incarnate that some are making out

He is not that talented! However, I believe that it will end in financial tears and prove to have been several steps too far! Before the end of the season, the average gate at all three of Buster's clubs will be clear to those who count objectively and unless the financial backers who supported the plan to "save" the Premiership dig deeper, it will all fall to pieces. Overextended comes to mind.

• Like 1

Im sure many Lynn fans would of been unhappy if an out and out Peterborough man purchased your club not because he really wanted it, but to as its been said just keep top flight speedway running and not bringing the team upto the points limit to be competitive 

Also if that person had also been doing sly things to enhance the chances of his beloved team to win a League they have never won before then im sure you also wouldn't be happy with that 

Chapman is even dividing Peterborough fans now making him even more unpopular and if the track manipulation is also true then what do you expect.

Im sure he doesnt give a toss about Peterborough or Ipswich at the moment and will see it as job done with the league still running but if Peterborough goes under for whatever reason as has been said his beloved Lynn team will also suffer financially as well. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Davet said:

I would have settled for Ged, Neil and Championship personally. I haven't been this year, and with one racing line and a team 3 points below the limit I don't intend to.

Now we are only 0.07 below the limit does that not tempt you back?

Edited by Panther1997
  • Haha 4

Absolutely. Now we have a team which is not only under strength but which can't be brought up to strength. 

• Sad 1

This is all in almost complete contrast to the Ipswich situation

With us all the worry was about not naming a team early and little or no news coming out - very different to our normal approach

But once Santa Buster produced the Harris parcel from his sack that soon settled most nerves even if the team was seen as 'cannon fodder'

Aside from that you wouldnt think Buster was involved at all with everything seeming business as usual and the club still very much 'ours'

Crowds are up, performances have exceeded most expectations and racing quality has been up a notch or two and very enjoyable meetings has been the order of the day

• Like 5

Ipswich are fortunate in the fact that there management team on the whole stayed in charge of the club, Ged has messed up bigtime and not been no where near as astute in the negotiations when selling the club, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This is all in almost complete contrast to the Ipswich situation

With us all the worry was about not naming a team early and little or no news coming out - very different to our normal approach

But once Santa Buster produced the Harris parcel from his sack that soon settled most nerves even if the team was seen as 'cannon fodder'

Aside from that you wouldnt think Buster was involved at all with everything seeming business as usual and the club still very much 'ours'

Crowds are up, performances have exceeded most expectations and racing quality has been up a notch or two and very enjoyable meetings has been the order of the day

Excellent news. Thanks for posting that. What would we do without you? I'm sure that any disaffected Panthers fans feel so much better now :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so I have had my last visit to the showground to watch speedway. think I will be watching Mildenhall from now on.  safe season to all the riders and I hope those that still go enjoy the show.

Bye panthers, thanks for the past 20 years entertainment

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Laugh all you like maneacat. Whats you view 

My view?   Well actually it’s to agree that you havnt got much of a brain from what you wrote in your previous post - “Don’t need much of a brain to work out that all is not bad by the end of April”   -    No point in my explaining further because you just don’t get it.   

I must be missing something here. Yes it's not the best of situations at the moment but we've seen worse. It wouldn't take too much to put things right so I can't really see the point of throwing in the towel just yet. Give it another few months at least and if it doesn't improve then review the situation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

What has happened to Colin Pratt ?  I thought he was in Charge of the teams     Like Chris Louis is at Ipswich 

Colin's main role at the moment seems to be handing out wristbands in the pits

4 minutes ago, wtf said:

Colin's main role at the moment seems to be handing out wristbands in the pits

Crikey things have got serious if they have started enforcing wristbands.....that tyrannical Chapman :unsure:

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Crikey things have got serious if they have started enforcing wristbands.....that tyrannical Chapman :unsure:

I don't think it will last long, I just think someone found a box of wristbands and thought lets use them up :rofl:

• Like 1