British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

17 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Ged and team did a great job running and saving Peterborough. They decided to sell up for reasons stated. Surely if you are lucky enough to tempt a buyer in this game, you take it. Can’t see why the seller should be blamed for the buyers thereafter actions. 

But surely if you care about the club and fans (and selling up wasn't as reported a necessity) as stated then given the problems we've had since Frost 2010 to Holdergate then surely that raised some alarm bells of what might follow? If Rathbone chose an unkown without a known history then I'd agree what you say.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

I certainly don’t think Buster is the saviour by any means, but why do all Peterborough fans treat Rathbone as the messiah? It was him who sold the club to Chapman and ultimately is to blame for anything and not Buster, as he shouldn’t of sold in the first place.

It wasn't Ged Rathbone who decided to strip the team after what I would describe as a very good team Ged had put together and hand Ipswich Chris Harris was it, and as for the Cook saga from mid December when  Chapman bought the club , he should have been aware of who had signed contracts and who had not before deciding to dismantle riders from the team and give  Harris to Ipswich. Chapman is a total numpty and I hope he gets his fingers burnt,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It wasn't Ged Rathbone who decided to strip the team after what I would describe as a very good team Ged had put together and hand Ipswich Chris Harris was it, and as for the Cook saga from mid December when  Chapman bought the club , he should have been aware of who had signed contracts and who had not before deciding to dismantle riders from the team and give  Harris to Ipswich. Chapman is a total numpty and I hope he gets his fingers burnt,

Harris going Ipswich isn't a problem in my eyes panthers have a better rider in tungate biggest problem they've got was having a consistent heat winner in cook and ending up with another reserve .i can understand why carl says what he does but I haven't heard anybody say they believe him .its not as though he's gonna say buster is taking the p155 I wouldn't be having a team 3pts under limit if it was up to me 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, wtf said:

Colin's main role at the moment seems to be handing out wristbands in the pits

Reminds me of a video someone once produced with their version of a job decsription for the role (I got the idea btw that they weren't great fans of the person in post at the time). I just watched it as the post prompted me and it did make me chuckle: Director of air fence cleaning operations, Director of painting, Director of tractor polishing and maintenance, and also part of the catering staff making tea for us after the meeting :D

Crikey who would want to own a speedway club !more negative than positive from Fans ! Why bother going if its all just moani about the owners the track .the weather. the world. jesus!!

As with most things Speedway we will never know the truth. Subterfuge and deviousness are the norm even when being up front is the best way.  Neil Watson told me that he and Ged  were to carry on as promoters and I do not believe he would tell me an out right lie. Ged  told me that the team he put together was done so very cheaply and I believe that as well. He has been naïve in the extreme to put his faith in those he should not have. He  also told me that he regretted selling the club.

As regards the veracity of the new owners they sat at a fans forum knowing full well there was a problem with Cook but chose to pretend all was well.

• Like 3

The Cook and Harris situations stink that cannot be denied.  The lack of a replacement for Cook is worse as it's cheating the paying public. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

As with most things Speedway we will never know the truth. Subterfuge and deviousness are the norm even when being up front is the best way.  Neil Watson told me that he and Ged  were to carry on as promoters and I do not believe he would tell me an out right lie. Ged  told me that the team he put together was done so very cheaply and I believe that as well. He has been naïve in the extreme to put his faith in those he should not have. He  also told me that he regretted selling the club.

As regards the veracity of the new owners they sat at a fans forum knowing full well there was a problem with Cook but chose to pretend all was well.

Were they hoping that Cookie would have a change of heart last minute? Wonder if he wishes he had with his lack of racing now?

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

The Cook and Harris situations stink that cannot be denied.  The lack of a replacement for Cook is worse as it's cheating the paying public. 

Especially to those who had bought Season Tickets on the strength of the team at that time

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PBK said:

Crikey who would want to own a speedway club !more negative than positive from Fans ! Why bother going if its all just moani about the owners the track .the weather. the world. jesus!!

Seemed to be totally the opposite over the last two or 3 years (as a 2 poster newbie you probably never noticed) so you probably need to think about what's changed/happened and reflect on that. It's a fair point you make but there is a bit more to it than that isn't there?

Edited by Crump99

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

Harris going Ipswich isn't a problem in my eyes panthers have a better rider in tungate biggest problem they've got was having a consistent heat winner in cook and ending up with another reserve .i can understand why carl says what he does but I haven't heard anybody say they believe him .its not as though he's gonna say buster is taking the p155 I wouldn't be having a team 3pts under limit if it was up to me 

Harris is superb to watch on his day..to me he epitomises what speedway is all about..I was gutted when we "released" him...and this was when positive turned to negative...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PBK said:

You are spot on there about “going”  -  a lot won’t bother shortly - you can forget 2500 crowds (apart from possibly Stars visits) because the moans on here are a spit in the ocean to what is being said in the grandstand and face to face amongst Panthers fans.   It’s not a case of “IF” but “WHEN” crowds fall :cry:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Allegedly! So you're not in possession of the facts but you use it to justify your argument anyway.

12 hours ago, Crump99 said:

But surely if you care about the club and fans (and selling up wasn't as reported a necessity) as stated then given the problems we've had since Frost 2010 to Holdergate then surely that raised some alarm bells of what might follow? If Rathbone chose an unkown without a known history then I'd agree what you say.

Is that the same Holdergate  I mentioned "allegedly" and you shot me down for using it without possession of the facts to justify an argument.. Haven't you just done the same? Or do you know the facts and it did happen :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is that the same Holdergate  I mentioned "allegedly" and you shot me down for using it without possession of the facts to justify an argument.. Haven't you just done the same? Or do you know the facts and it did happen :)

Not really, you were more pointed and I can't recall if the specifics of the transaction are out there, perhaps they are. I was talking generally about the case and the actions and reactions of individuals for which there is evidence in the public domain.

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

• Like 1