British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

38 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

Even Steve Evans built a team that was in the top 2 for three months !!! :o :o

I hope there was only one contract per player ;).

DMac didn’t waste any time in showing him the door with Fergie waiting just outside ( for 4th time)

46 minutes ago, semion said:

I hope there was only one contract per player ;).

DMac didn’t waste any time in showing him the door with Fergie waiting just outside ( for 4th time)

Precisely .... Bring back Ged 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, tellboy said:

So you would rather no speedway:blink::(.

If you take off your Buster coloured glasses for a moment maybe you will see that is the way the Club is going regardless.   All this rubbish about being financially viable to be there next season - can’t see it happening!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes

I’m rapidly reaching that conclusion - with the exception of Wrighty BWD and Summers it’s the most depressing season I can recall for years!  :cry:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maneacat said:

I’m rapidly reaching that conclusion - with the exception of Wrighty BWD and Summers it’s the most depressing season I can recall for years!  :cry:

Really? What’s been so awful about the season so far??

3 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Buster took Bomber away from us because nobody with an average over 7.00 points wanted to join Ipswich. 

Seriously have you seen the scores he's currently scoring for us, as opposed to Rohan for you:rolleyes:, as his direct replacement.  Personally I think you really need to look at the cook fiasco rather than the bomber one.

But it was the Bomber replacement that apparently led to the departure of Ged and Neil, since when things have gone down hill with the loss of T Balfe sponsorship and then Cook.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maneacat said:

If you take off your Buster coloured glasses for a moment maybe you will see that is the way the Club is going regardless.   All this rubbish about being financially viable to be there next season - can’t see it happening!  

From a cov fan for over 50 years think yourselves lucky you have speedway when it's gone it may not come back

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Seriously have you seen the scores he's currently scoring for us, as opposed to Rohan for you :rolleyes: as his direct replacement.  Personally I think you really need to look at the cook fiasco rather than the bomber one.

That's how it's worked out now but it set the tone and upset many of the regulars who were happy with their team as announced, that's the point, never mind that it was also about to get worse on the team front. Overall though I generally happy with some reservations. I'm not happy about seemingly being the poor relation of triple ownership or that the objective and end game seem somewhat unclear. However, it is what it is and it's been a rollercoaster for 15 years anyway.

• Like 1

Maybe Buster is trying to build sumink at Peterborough,  like he has at Kings Lynn.  Should reach fruition around 2035 if Kings Lynn is the benchmark ;)

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, maneacat said:

Really? I don't think so

11 hours ago, semion said:

Maybe Buster is trying to build sumink at Peterborough,  like he has at Kings Lynn.  Should reach fruition around 2035 if Kings Lynn is the benchmark ;)

That's just about the timescale of PCC Policy LP36: East of England Showground so potentially (not sure whether any final decisions came out of the 2016 consultation?) the only building going on at the EoES could be housebuilding and Buster will need to lease Mr Horton's Fengate motorsport complex at that time as the requirement of finding alternative arrangements for Panthers, if needed, was highlighted in LP36.

Edited by Crump99

I really fail to understand ,why everyone on here has such a bad attitude towards Mr Chapman ,he bought a club that no one wanted ,he paid for it ,he didn't ask for the fans money .We have speedway in the top league ,but only one team can win it.he inherited a team and fixture list.but he needs this season to lay the foundations for a long term future,I think far to many people are making unnecessary judgments,without proper thought to the process required to build for the long term.

Edited by Sportsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cook didn't want to ride for Peterbro and was a lame excuse he gave it was nothing to do with kelvars it was to do with sponsers   

• Haha 2